What is the point of this extension when .eth is already a thi
- No renewal fee, once you pay you can have it forever as long as ethereum exists
- You can allow people to mint/register the subdomain of your name at any price you set. For example: you have 'us.ether'. You can allow people to register name such as: newyork.us.ether, superbowl.us.ether, etc at any price you want (new revenue stream)
- The team is developing ether.network, where you can build your community with web3 (a combination of opensea, twitter, and patreon). For example, if you have us.ether, you can make a website or dapp that allow everyone who owns subdomain of us.ether to access or get special perks (as a member of your community).
- fair price, the mint price is the same for L, LL, LLL, N, NN, NNN, etc. and once again, you only pay once.
- still early, many great names available or listed for sale at very cheap price.
- Unlike .eth, it does not allow special character nor emoji, so no confusion. It only allows a-z, 0-9, -, _ (although less restricted than .com as it allows underscore; and dash at the beginning or end of the name, but better than .eth)