IT.COM

domain (esoccer.co.uk) & (e-soccer.co.uk)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akinola Taiwo

Established Member
Impact
Hi...

How much this worth...
e-soccer.co.uk
esoccer.co uk
Screenshot_20210327-131203.png

Recently this domain name esoccer.com
Was Sold on godaddy for $9000.
https://namebio.com/esoccer.com

How much did you think the co.uk version will sell???

Thanks...
All critism and advice are welcome?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your opinion will be highly appreciated....
Thanks.

•••
Unfortunately, its not called soccer in the UK, its called Football. This is something you need to check before regging names.

•••
Unfortunately, its not called soccer in the UK, its called Football. This is something you need to check before regging names.

Ok ...good point.....
But this site is using e-soccer.com
And is base in UK.....

Your point may not be useful to other ppl.

Once again thanks....

•••
Soccer.co.uk popular football news portal in england.....your point not Totally accepted....soccer and football in UK have the same usage.

•••
Today, the term soccer is largely only used in the USA but the term is widely understood across the world as meaning football. However, in the UK especially, the term soccer can be problematic with some fans insisting that the term should never be used.

•••
•••
•••
Today, the term soccer is largely only used in the USA but the term is widely understood across the world as meaning football. However, in the UK especially, the term soccer can be problematic with some fans insisting that the term should never be used.

Thanks for your contribution.... Either in America,united kingdom, Germany, Africa...the term soccer and football is worldwide used and simply mean the same meaning...

•••
I'm from the UK, big football fan, yeah we don't use 'soccer' but we are familar word. Put it this way, i wouldn't mind owning Soccer dot co.uk and would see it just as valuable as football dot co.uk, Brits are quite adaptable to things and there wouldn't be a big issue about a site being called 'soccer' if it's a good site.

I don't know enough about e-football or e-soccer to give an appraisal or the .co.uk domain extention (i stick to .com investing wise) but it looks solid enough to me, good luck with it.

Last edited:
•••
Ok ...good point.....
But this site is using e-soccer.com
And is base in UK.....

Dont look at a site and think its a major site, look at traffic, who owns it, how long its been up, etc......its just a little football news site. (owned by Encantada Media)

Not in the UK they dont, try and sell it and you will see. I lived in the UK for many years, every time I said soccer, I was corrected by the UK fans, it doesnt have the same usgae at all. No legit company will buy it, your best option is to another domainer and you know how domainers like spending money.

Soccer.co.uk popular football news portal in england.....your point not Totally accepted....soccer and football in UK have the same usage.

Again, Soccer.co.uk is not a popular site in the UK, its just a slapped up site with some news articles

Try going to Soccer.co.uk, see where it redirects to?? You guessed it - Football.co.uk

Focus on .com names until you get a few sales under your belt, thats the best strategy with domaining. My apologoies if you have already made sales, Im just assuming.

Last edited:
•••
Dont look at a site and think its a major site, look at traffic, who owns it, how long its been up, etc......its just a little football news site. (owned by Encantada Media)

Not in the UK they dont, try and sell it and you will see. I lived in the UK for many years, every time I said soccer, I was corrected by the UK fans, it doesnt have the same usgae at all. No legit company will buy it, your best option is to another domainer and you know how domainers like spending money.

Again, Soccer.co.uk is not a popular site in the UK, its just a slapped up site with some news articles

Try going to Soccer.co.uk, see where it redirects to?? You guessed it - Football.co.uk

Focus on .com names until you get a few sales under your belt, thats the best strategy with domaining. My apologoies if you have already made sales, Im just assuming.

Thanks...appreciate your suggestion.

•••
•••
•••
I agree with the @Kingslayer and @gilescoley because when you say "SOCCER" to a person in the UK they usually reply "it's not called soccer, it's called FOOTBALL", particularly if it's an American tourist using the word "soccer" in the UK, that will forever get on people's tits.

HOWEVER there are MANY successful football websites of all sizes in the UK using the word soccer and @Kingslayer is right if it's a good site we're fairly adaptable. Do your Google research to find UK sites using the word soccer in their domain name - you'll find there are many employing both .com and .co.uk

"Either in America, united kingdom, Germany, Africa...the term soccer and football is worldwide used and simply mean the same meaning" that's not true, Germans use the word futbol and in the UK we use the word football. I have never heard anyone from the UK or German visitors going to English football matches in the UK use the word soccer (unless they are talking about a brand). So get it right mate - we DON'T use the word soccer to talk about football

I think esoccer does have some value because there are brands using that exactly, but e-soccer has no value whatsoever because nobody worth their salt uses lines in domains in the UK (that's a weird German thing). Pricewise? I wouldn't sell it. I'd set up a football betting website.

The $ 9000 .com sale has NO RELEVANCE to co.uk value

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back