IT.COM

Escrow.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has anyone used Escrow.com? I never have and my question is this...when you are getting ready to close a domain sale for a hefty sum....how is the escrow deal usually done? do i contact them and give them my account information so that they can wire me the money. What proof do i supply to Escrow.com that the name has been transferred so that i can receive payment? Anyone's advice is appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why dont you use sedo they charge 3% for escrow service

•••
I've used escrow.com & was real pleased with the entire "ease" and "quick funding" sent by check to my home.. real timely..

Each step of the escrow process includes an email to both parties.. which require confirmation..
Once funds are secured in escrow.. you will then "transfer" the domain name..
Once transfer is made.. the buyer will confirm.. and the funds then are free'd up/released and sent to you, by means of the payment method you choose.
In my case, the buyer paid all of the fee's associated with escrow.. which made it real sweet for me..

I recommend escrow.

•••
Escrow.com is a pain in the neck to deal with, but I still recommend them.

They generally check the whois and confirm with the buyer that the domain is received before releasing funds.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Escrow.com is a pain in the neck to deal with, but I still recommend them.

They generally check the whois and confirm with the buyer that the domain is received before releasing funds.
Really? I'm suprised you found this the case RJ.. in what way were they a pain for you? I've used the svc. once.. and found it real quick & professional.. In your opinion.. what was a "pain".. just curious.. for future knowledge..
Thanks
Wanda

•••
As a seller, it has always been easy and quick.

As a buyer, I have just had a lot of difficulties with them handling payments that I send to them and tough time getting answers to questions from them in a timely manner.

•••
Very good success with escrow.com, used them on 2 sales so far.

•••
I have used them. They are a good way to get a check and transfer funds fast.

•••
never had any problems, use them quite often.

•••
Thanks for all the info guys....:)

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
As a seller, it has always been easy and quick.

As a buyer, I have just had a lot of difficulties with them handling payments that I send to them and tough time getting answers to questions from them in a timely manner.

something like this from one of my prior transactions with end-user
We will be re-doing the transaction today or monday because we put the account in under my name but used a corporate credit card and escrow.com won't do the transaction, so we are going to re-do it - I will give you an email as soon as its done.

or ..the double checking AFTER buyer accepts

You have indicated on our website that the domain name for this transaction has been transfered and that you accept the transfer, thereby completing the transaction. However, we are unable to retrieve the domain name information on any of the registrar websites.

The domain name is currently listed under GoDaddy.com, who has no information on ????.com. Please provide registrar information, or prior to finalizing this transaction we must request that you reply to this email confirming that you do have complete control over the domain name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back