Domain Empire

question-answered Buying a domain name via Escrow.com - Help needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm buying an .EU domain name via escrow.com. I already sent my payment a few days ago and now I see the following in my Escrow.com account:

transaction-details-escrow.com.png

However, I don't want to confirm this, because I have not received the domain yet. I've got absolutely no any instructions from Escrow.com on how to transfer the domain to my domain registrar account (yet). But there is no any other option.

What would you guys recommend? I don't want to contact their support, because that is very slow, it took them a few days to reply to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to contact support by phone. If you gave your registrar credentials (log in email or user id) it should be pushed into your account.

Seller has no reason or benefit to lie about that to Escow and does not get paid until you acknowledge receipt of the name or Escrow determines the name has been pushed to you.

Last edited:
•••
He has completed the transfer at his end which he updated at Escrow according to the current status.

You can check that you have given the right credentials for the transfer. Perhaps junk folder? Though it’s unlikely.

Only when you receive the notification of push or transfer and confirmed that the domain is in your account, you can confirm the same in escrow.

But if you’re anxious, do consider dropping a mail to Escrow support.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

•••
Thank you guys for your advice.

I didn't add my registrar details anywhere in my Escrow account. I wasn't asked to do so, nor see any option in my account to add it.

Also, I thought that the domain will get transferred from the seller first to Escrow's domain registrar and after that to myself.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you guys for your advice.

I didn't add my registrar details anywhere in my Escrow account. I wasn't asked to do so, nor see any option in my account to add it.

Also, I thought that the domain will get transferred from the seller first to Escrow's domain registrar and after that to myself.

Are you using the Escrow Concierge service?

•••
Are you using the Escrow Concierge service?
Probably not. I didn't know that is necessary for Escrow to hold the domain. To whom has the seller transferred the domain then if Escrow says that the seller has transferred the domain name?

I emailed the seller a few days before this and told him that he should have received the instructions on how to transfer the domain to Escrow.com. So I thought everything is going as expected.

•••
Probably not. I didn't know that is necessary for Escrow to hold the domain. To whom has the seller transferred the domain then if Escrow says that the seller has transferred the domain name?

I emailed the seller a few days before this and told him that he should have received the instructions on how to transfer the domain to Escrow.com. So I thought everything is going as expected.

The Domain Concierge service costs a little more, but is necessary if you want the domain to be transferred/pushed to the Escrow.com holding account.

If you created the transaction, you would definitely know. I suggest double-checking the details of the transaction.

It sounds like you're dealing directly with the seller.

If that's the case, you need to be communicating directly with them on the transfer.

The first thing you need to do is request that the seller unlock the domain and provide you with the transfer authorization code, so that you can initiate the transfer from your registrar.

Once you've initiated the transfer, in order to expedite the process, let the seller know and request that they approve.

Once the domain in in your account, then and only then do you confirm receipt.

If you have any transaction related questions or concerns, it's probably best to contact Escrow.com.

I recommend calling them.

Last edited:
•••

As mentioned the domain transfer is between you and the seller without concierge. I am puzzled how seller marked it transfered if you two haven’t been communicating about it with your details.

Call Escrow on Monday to say you have not received the domain.

Where did this sale originate?

Last edited:
•••
Thank you guys for your advice. I have agreed with the seller and we have already successfully transferred the domain to my domain registrar account. So the sale is completed now.

It was a direct sale in which I contacted the former owner of the domain directly via email.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back