Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Escrow.com (Not at all impressed)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

domainica

Established Member
Impact
147
I'm in the process of selling a name. The buyer wanted to use Escrow.com. Okay.

While I'm at work Escrow.com sends me a series of emails, basically stating that I need to start transfer of the name because the buyer has made payment. It shows on Escrow.com's site that the buyer has made payment.

So I begin the process by sending the buyer an Authorization code (my registrar is GoDaddy, the buyer's isn't).

The next day I get a series of emails from Escrow.com stating NOT to transfer the name, as the buyer still hasn't paid.

I point them to their own site which states that they have received the buyer's money.

Turns out, they hadn't. They said they received it but, since they don't work weekends, they didn't double-check it.

So I told them they better double-check immediately.

They were still in the process of doing so when they sent me another email stating that it's been 3 days since the buyer made payment and I still haven't started the transfer process.

Classic case of right-hand not knowing what the left-hand is doing.

Next time a buyer wants to use Escrow.com I'll be sure to suggest they use someone else.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
so, was the transaction completed or still in progress?

imo...
 
0
•••
1
•••
0
•••
If your domain isn't listed for sale at SEDO.com, their escrow fees are comparable and service is better.
 
0
•••
Spoke with Jackson of Escrow.com. He jumped in immediately and expedited the process. The domain transfer is now in progress. Thanks Jackson.
 
2
•••
0
•••
I'm in the process of selling a name. The buyer wanted to use Escrow.com. Okay.

While I'm at work Escrow.com sends me a series of emails, basically stating that I need to start transfer of the name because the buyer has made payment. It shows on Escrow.com's site that the buyer has made payment.

So I begin the process by sending the buyer an Authorization code (my registrar is GoDaddy, the buyer's isn't).

The next day I get a series of emails from Escrow.com stating NOT to transfer the name, as the buyer still hasn't paid.

I point them to their own site which states that they have received the buyer's money.

Turns out, they hadn't. They said they received it but, since they don't work weekends, they didn't double-check it.

So I told them they better double-check immediately.

They were still in the process of doing so when they sent me another email stating that it's been 3 days since the buyer made payment and I still haven't started the transfer process.

Classic case of right-hand not knowing what the left-hand is doing.

Next time a buyer wants to use Escrow.com I'll be sure to suggest they use someone else.


I think we have seen that before...

John Berryhill posted a similar case a few months ago.
 
0
•••
Rather just used Undeveloped.com
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back