IT.COM

Escrow.com: From First to Worst?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlbieA

Impact
It's amazing to see what can happen to a company when new management takes over...
Escrow.com, the Escrow Service from Hell

Consider this a case study of what your company should not be. How not to handle feedback from customers. And, perhaps, how to know when your company should be shut down for the greater good.

Please ignore grammar/spelling, written in blinding fury.

Ok, here goes a little story.

I was attempting to buy a domain and we decided to use their “concierge” service, here is a timeline of events: . . .
https://medium.com/@ForEmil/escrow-com-the-escrow-service-from-hell-2035923fc9f8

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I sold a musical instrument last year I used safefunds.com without any problems.

•••
Escrow.com should be closed down. They managed to keep my money held in there for nearly 2 months while they provided the most appalling service ever witnessed.

I've written a full report a RipoffReport. As I can't post URLs here just go there and search:

"Escrow.com aka Internet Escrow Services Scam Company kept my money and has yet to return full funds of cancelled transaction"

•••
Escrow.com should be closed down. They managed to keep my money held in there for nearly 2 months while they provided the most appalling service ever witnessed.

I've written a full report a RipoffReport. As I can't post URLs here just go there and search:

"Escrow.com aka Internet Escrow Services Scam Company kept my money and has yet to return full funds of cancelled transaction"
Provide us more details, new registered account with 2 posts :)

•••
Just from personal experience, I've never had any issues with Escrow.com ever.

•••
Customer service of Escrow.com is great, but something is not right in the way do they things (namely fees).

For example if you come to an agreement with the seller that the 'seller' pays the fees, it's a waste of time. Escrow will still find ways to charge the 'buyer' the same amount of fee they would have had to pay anyway.

As a seller other charges always happen as well that you don't know about until you get paid, for example in a recent transaction i got charged a "handling fee" an extra charge i didn't know about until the money went into my bank, what's all that about? :-/

Last edited:
•••
in a recent transaction i got charged a "handling fee" an extra charge i didn't know about until the money went into my bank, what's all that about? :-/

Weird, never heard of "handling fees".
You sure it wasn't wiring fee for transfer money from Escrow to your bank?
This fee is charged by the bank, not Escrow.com and usually between $20-50 depending on the country and the bank.
Same fees are charged by the domain parking companies for example.

•••
Weird, never heard of "handling fees".
You sure it wasn't wiring fee for transfer money from Escrow to your bank?
This fee is charged by the bank, not Escrow.com and usually between $20-50 depending on the country and the bank.
Same fees are charged by the domain parking companies for example.

It could be mate. I'm not at my main computer at the minute, so will have a look later. It was something like 'handling/holding fee'.

But my point about when you to come to an agreement with a seller how 'they' pay the fees but Escrow still find ways to charge 'the buyer' the same amount they would have had to pay anyway still stands though.

•••
From Escrow.com site:

"Sellers can also select other disbursement methods for an additional delivery fee. Alternative options include: domestic wire transfer ($20), domestic overnight check delivery ($30), international wire transfer ($40) and check via international priority mail ($60). Electronic check (ACH) payments (no charge) are also available for U.S. customers only."

•••
The only time i used them, they were late in processing everything.
Only 24-36 hours, but for the amount i paid for the service, to me that was not acceptable.
I think your expectations were unrealistic. Escrow is about security and, typically, not a same-day service.

Also, were you seller, buyer? Too many unknowns here for any fair assessment of your experience.

Last edited:
•••
I think your expectations were unrealistic. Escrow is about security and, typically, not a same-day service.

Also, were you seller, buyer? Too many unknowns here for any fair assessment of your experience.

Like i said. I used them once. They were late processing. Only 24-36 hrs late, but when you pay a premium for a service. You expect it to be done on time. On top of this, they ignored my complaint.

Just so you understand correctly, i didnt actually say the total time they took to process was 24-36 hours, i said it was 24-36 hrs LATE.

•••
End of the day they are needed, in the same way PayPal is needed with eBay. The domaining industry would be lost without them and they know that.

A little bit of competition wouldn’t hurt to iron out the small flaws they have, but let’s honest, they don’t offer a bad service and I always feel safe using them. One time a seller tried to screw me, I’m glad I used Escrow.com because it prevented me from getting scammed, their staff saw something wasn't right with the seller after i contacted them and didn’t even charge me their fee after I paid and gave me a full refund.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back