IT.COM

Escrow.com does not accept checks over $2,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am selling a name through Escrow.com and the buyer wants to pay by check but Escrow.com doesn't accept checks over $2,000. I called Escrow Hill and they don't accept checks at all.

Can you please help me with possible options.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Staring me in the face at the top of most NP pages is an advert for DN.com, who say they offer escrow. Anyone tried them?

•••
Not me. I stick with either Ecop.com or Escrow.com..

Staring me in the face at the top of most NP pages is an advert for DN.com, who say they offer escrow. Anyone tried them?

•••
Escrow.com has made exceptions regarding the $2000 limit depending on who the company is and on which bank it is drawn. We wait ten days after the initial deposit before approving the funds and there is still risk with that which we assume. If you would like to discuss specifics of any transaction send a pm.

•••
Escrow.com has made exceptions regarding the $2000 limit depending on who the company is and on which bank it is drawn. We wait ten days after the initial deposit before approving the funds and there is still risk with that which we assume. If you would like to discuss specifics of any transaction send a pm.

Yes they do make exceptions if it is close to the original limit of $2,000. They have not and will not make an exception when the selling price is 10 times their original limit.

•••
Tell your buyer that they need to catch up with the times and wire the money - still a trackable business transaction - or GTFO :D If they need the domain badly they'll even add the bank wire fees.

•••
Tell your buyer that they need to catch up with the times and wire the money - still a trackable business transaction - or GTFO :D If they need the domain badly they'll even add the bank wire fees.
I agree.

•••
Yes they do make exceptions if it is close to the original limit of $2,000. They have not and will not make an exception when the selling price is 10 times their original limit.
Hookbox,
I've been president of Escrow.com for over ten years and under certain circumstances we have made exceptions regarding the accepting of checks. But I do agree with Acroplex, I don't know of any company that can't send a wire transfer, especially if they are international and have offices in 7 countries.
Brandon

•••
Hookbox,
I've been president of Escrow.com for over ten years and under certain circumstances we have made exceptions regarding the accepting of checks. But I do agree with Acroplex, I don't know of any company that can't send a wire transfer, especially if they are international and have offices in 7 countries.
Brandon[/QUOTE
I will send you the info in a PM. Thanks so much Brandon.

•••
I wanted to update this post. Escrow.com does accept checks over $2,000. Mr. Brandon Abbey of Escrow.com was kind enough to discuss this transaction with me and spoke with the customer direct and the transaction is now proceeding. As he stated above they do make exceptions when accepting checks.

Thank you Mr. Abbey for taking the time to help me with this. I really appreciate it.

•••
All's well, that ends well. Congrats on the sale.

•••
I would just like to thank Escrow.com and Brandon Abbey for making this sale happen. This $XX,XXX deal was dead in the water until Brandon replied here to this thread. He went above and beyond to take care of this sale for me and I really appreciate it.

This sale was 100% completed yesterday. Bottom line, Escrow.com DOES accept checks for more than $2,000. I have used them many times in the past but for all they did on this sale I will always and only use Escrow.com

Thank you Brandon and Happy Holidays!

•••
I'm glad your sale worked out Hookbox! In just in time for the Holidays. Congratulations! Great job Brandon.

•••
I wish escrow should add paypal as payment payout method.

•••
I would just like to thank Escrow.com and Brandon Abbey for making this sale happen. This $XX,XXX deal was dead in the water until Brandon replied here to this thread. He went above and beyond to take care of this sale for me and I really appreciate it.

This sale was 100% completed yesterday. Bottom line, Escrow.com DOES accept checks for more than $2,000. I have used them many times in the past but for all they did on this sale I will always and only use Escrow.com

Thank you Brandon and Happy Holidays!

Thank you. Your business and your trust are much appreciated. Happy Holidays and let's hope everyone has a great 2015.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back