IT.COM

Escrow.com blocks login with Safari browser today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
I'm traveling, and when I try to access escrow.com using the hotel's WiFi I get this huge exclamation point

ACwttlsm.jpg

fbE94JG.jpg

that claims that I must update my browser (Safari). But when I access escrow.com via Chrome browser for OS X and a proxy, works fine, no issues.

Also I tried the same Chrome browser for OS X using the hotel's WiFi (no proxy), and it works too. So the IP address doesn't seem to be the issue.

But my Safari is the latest version ( Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610 ) running on the latest OSX (Catalina 10.15.7), so I can't see why Safari would need to be updated or what the issue might be.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @xynames

Thanks for letting us know about this. Our engineering team is currently aware of this and we are investigating it further. We'll keep you posted for updates.

•••
Seems like an HTTPS issue on client side probably. Just taking a guess here.

•••
UPDATE:

This should be fixed now. Please send us a DM if you're still encountering any issues accessing the site or logging in to your Escrow.com account. Thanks!

•••
Yes it works now. And again, it had nothing to do with logging in - merely navigating to the escrow.com with Safari browser I was confronted with that error message.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back