Epik slow this time...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
People may know me as Epik supporter. No I'm not,
but I praise them when they deserve it.

Today and yesterday they are doing a bad job (slow etc).

Their customer service was very fast and efficient until late yesterday.
Now looks like there are lots of newbies
who can't make a quick decision to prevent an inconvenient situation.
Also their chat is extremeley slow today.
edit: customer service fast and efficient starting mid-today.

Let's say you have 5K spending limit.
You spend 1K, and you add 4K as deposit.
You spent 5K already and, and say, reached your limit, and they don't allow any more purchase.
But 4K balance appears on your account, and you should be able to use it , right?
..no because spending limit reached. strange..
they should allow us to use that balance. or
for a quick fix they can increase our spending limit.
But they want "verification" for it. What for.
We made the payment already. What are we verifying here.
It should have happened earlier, if needed.

I can wait until next week and then use those funds.
Ok, but I reserved time to make renewals and transfers.

edit: solved before it could cause any serious problem.
only damage: a little bit waste of time, but some improvement made
in the process.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Didn’t know they had spending limits. Seems counterintuitive. Please..take my money 😂

•••
There are many clones nowadays.. I wonder whether their ceo has been cloned/replaced also
(edit: this was a joke of course). He was very active, and would fix problems fast, etc. Now it is just the opposite (looks like), he is silent, doesn't respond to email, forum posts, or DMs quickly (say in 12 hours), and doesn't seem to give instructions to Epik staff when they are stuck. Edit: looks like there are many other staff members who can make quick and correct decisions. Newcomers can be more hesistant, or have less power.

Last edited:
•••
SOLVED (almost). edit: completely.

They say there were (red) flags (acceptable), but timing was wrong, excuse was wrong,
and they (newbies) didn't give any hope that they would fix it, at the beginning.

Now I can use my balance even if spending limit is not increased.
plus maybe they can still increase spending limit
(not needed now, but may be needed in the future).

Not very slow, but could happen faster, and if I didn't raise the alarm, maybe it would
take longer, and maybe even become meaningless (next week restrictions would be lifted anyway,
if the initial excuse was correct).

Last edited:
•••
The credit limit feature is a safeguard against fraud by unverified accounts.

I won't elaborate on the popular tactics used by fraudsters, but we are wise to them.

I believe this particular case was solved rather quickly.

The support team is grown a lot in the last year.

The overall business grew 171% in 2021.

TrustPilot still shows 4.9 stars.

I do still receive every chat transcript.

I am less active on NP and the moderators here know the reason.

I remain highly accessible to clients, but less time for forums. Lots happening though.

•••
Thanks,.. not very quick. I mean, when I first complained about it, things went slow, I went to sleep, woke up and saw no progress, ..and I decided to "increase pressure" (prefer not to, if there is hope). Took about 12 hours from start-to-finish . Normally Epik staff could fix it in a few minutes (yes 24/7 customer service is great, noone else has it). It could also be the case that Epik might have changed hands. I could understand it if Epik didn't accept some payments because of short-term blockages related to payment patterns, but in this case no payment (from card to Epik) was being made. It was made and accepted already. Error came late and with the wrong excuse imo...
But for balance-to-Epik service , there should not be any restriction imo. I can't imagine how account funds can be used for bad purposes.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks,.. not very quick. I mean, when I first complained about it, things went slow, I went to sleep, woke up and saw no progress, ..and I decided to "increase pressure" (prefer not to, if there is hope). Took about 12 hours from start-to-finish . Normally Epik staff could fix it in a few minutes (yes 24/7 customer service is great, noone else has it). It could also be the case that Epik might have changed hands. I could understand it if Epik didn't accept some payments because of short-term blockages related to payment patterns, but in this case no payment (from card to Epik) was being made. It was made and accepted already. Error came late and with the wrong excuse imo...
But for balance-to-Epik service , there should not be any restriction imo. I can't imagine how account funds can be used for bad purposes.

The practice of funding an account with a credit card and then completing a sham transaction, and then cashing out the proceeds as crypto is the issue that we are safeguarding against.

The action of verifying your account was the wise one. It is not required but streamlines the process for being able to do larger credit card transactions.

In case not aware, cybercrime is way up in 2022. The vigilance is not inappropriate. That said, I am sorry if the process briefly inconvenienced you!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back