Dynadot

Epik is redefining Escrow

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
We just learned that Epik does not charge escrow fee if transaction gets cancelled.

We used Escrow.com before and were charged full escrow fee when the seller decided to walk away from the transaction. So we lost money.

Epik escrow eliminates this risk.

Take notice!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And again this.

Buyer wants to buy a domain, we agree on a price but then I add , it can only be thru Epik. They say they want it at godaddy or dynadot or another registrar. I say only Epik.

Escrow.com or another actual accredited escrow, buyer can have his choice. Forcing a buyer onto 1 is just not helpful in closing.

Korganian just posted “a buyer can just wait 60 days”

Do you actually sell domains? This is not good, when you don’t have to do that.

It makes no sense whatsoever in limiting a buyer in where they can get the domain.

Last edited:
•••
.....There is absolutely no reason escrow.com needs a photo of me standing there holding my personal information....t.

That is news to me and agree it is a negative requirement however I find it odd escrow has never asked me for it. I wonder what it depends on?

•••
Wow, do you've apparently done your targeted homework - havent you. Its so obvious. I gave you my reasons - now go ahead and tell me I am wrong to want to safeguard my personal information from a company that doesnt respond to people nicely on here - sometimes goes away for weeks and ignores questions they dont like, etc. Haven you read those posts too? Are you going to go around and tell people to stop doing business with Godaddy or Sedo or Undeveloped or others places that allow me to sell a domain name and for them to collect payment and wait for that name to be in the hands of the buyer and then provide me with that buyer's payment? If you dont chastise Godaddy, Sedo, Undeveloped and others then you've certainly got a clear agenda. Apparently I am not the only one who's noticed. And no, I dont have have one domain name registered at Epik at the moment.

You didn’t tackle my 4 questions either and read the title of the thread, that’s what I’m talking about. I haven’t had issues with sedo, escrow.com. Again, why are they getting the big sales with other options out there?

Last edited:
•••
I have no idea what the requirements are and why, it definitely seems to be different for each person (at least way back when they decided to enforce KYC). When I asked why, and found out that they actually banked with the same bank as I bank at and told them I was already vetted by my bank, they stopped replying. This was 2 years ago? Its been a while - I have not done business with them since. I also noticed other escrow services were suddenly vanished. Something is not right and I want nothing to do with it.

I’m glad you found other options but your issues are your own, not mine.

It’s very simple, I’m not going to limit a buyer on where they can take a domain, I’m not interested in throwing up unnecessary hurdles to get a sale when you don’t need too.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Although I don't doubt your intellect, nor underestimate your writing skills, I do question your intentions. The fact that you rarely get likes on your posts should be a tiny clue that your narratives are not really resonating.

My goodness, Rob, there's no end to your insults. You have accused me falsely of a number of things and don't have the moral character to even apologize when the truth comes out. And yet have the gall to keep throwing insults. I don't care how good these people say your so-called "escrow service" is, the way you treat people that don't shower you with compliments or that agree with you is a total turn off.

•••
To be clear, we did not call it a sock puppet account, which has its own definition and implications. The account was created by an existing member, and the account was closed due to neither account being Gold.

Thanks for clarifying. Just because an account is auto-closed does not in and of itself automatically mean that some nefarious person was involved in a deliberate act of deception. See definition of a sockpuppet account.

However it is interesting to note that: "The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization"

P.S. If I needed to create a new thread on this, please feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Our message has been diluted by drama.

It was also diluted by deceit:
The account was created by an existing member

Getting back to your thread topic of Epik is redefining escrow, could there be a word, phrase, that describes better what Epik is doing. One that creates a new category that Epik can pioneer, can call their own.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back