Domain Empire

Epik is redefining Escrow

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
We just learned that Epik does not charge escrow fee if transaction gets cancelled.

We used Escrow.com before and were charged full escrow fee when the seller decided to walk away from the transaction. So we lost money.

Epik escrow eliminates this risk.

Take notice!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is news to me and agree it is a negative requirement however I find it odd escrow has never asked me for it. I wonder what it depends on?

I have no idea what the requirements are and why, it definitely seems to be different for each person (at least way back when they decided to enforce KYC). When I asked why, and found out that they actually banked with the same bank as I bank at and told them I was already vetted by my bank, they stopped replying. This was 2 years ago? Its been a while - I have not done business with them since. I also noticed other escrow services were suddenly vanished. Something is not right and I want nothing to do with it.

•••
You didn’t tackle my 4 questions either and read the title of the thread, that’s what I’m talking about. I haven’t had issues with sedo, escrow.com. Again, why are they getting the big sales with other options out there?

And I wont. I dont know who you are but you dont get to sign in a few days ago and demand anything from me. Have fun trolling Epik / Rob Monster posts - its obvious. Bye bye.

•••
From what we know, if the domain is with Epik and the buyer pays by wire or crypto, the escrow is free.

If the domain is outside Epik, there is a fee, but not in case of a failed transaction.

•••
The changes in Whois has reshaped the landscape of domain Industry by a lot, it doesn't matter which registrar the domain is at it makes it easier for the transfer to the buyer to take place inhouse. IMO

•••
The truth is that Rob is quite flexible though. ........... You can't find such flexibility elsewhere..

Bingo.

•••
The moderators confirmed the theory that many of us had -- the account was a sock puppet account.

But it was not mine. I have to stress this point because you kept accusing me falsely that it was. In fact, it was me drawing Eric's attention that got it closed.

Last edited:
•••
I used @epik escrow and it's awesome.

My experience with @epik and @Rob Monster is like using Amazon for shopping.

You want it, they have it.

•••
What does auto-closed mean? Was that done by the user or by the NP staff is what I mean...
Learn more: https://www.namepros.com/posts/6690807/

The moderators confirmed the theory that many of us had -- the account was a sock puppet account.
To be clear, we did not call it a sock puppet account, which has its own definition and implications. The account was created by an existing member, and the account was closed due to neither account being Gold.

If anyone has further questions or comments on this, please contact support or create a new thread.

Thanks.

•••
Our message has been diluted by drama.
The meaning is still the same nevertheless.

•••
It is important? I never noticed that, I think escrow just need to be trustable is ok.

In my view, it is important for a number of reasons. An escrow company with state licenses has far more rules, regulations, and consumer protections in place.

There is certainly a far higher bar to be licensed as an escrow company than just say you are an escrow company.

Many states require escrow agents to be licensed.
Also, some states regulate how the term "escrow" is used in commerce in that state.

There is a big difference between being a licensed escrow company and being an "escrow" company.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
We don't know but paying a full fee for a cancelled transaction is double upsetting.

I agree with that. It is kind of ridiculous Escrow.com keeps the escrow fee in that situation.

Brad

•••
We just learned that Epik does not charge escrow fee if transaction gets cancelled.

We used Escrow.com before and were charged full escrow fee when the seller decided to walk away from the transaction. So we lost money.

Epik escrow eliminates this risk.

Take notice!

Marketplace transaction, not escrow. Doesn’t the same thing happen with name silo, godaddy, dynadot with their marketplace transactions? With a true escrow buyers can transfer to the registrar of their choice.

Epik accredited registrar, probably think other registrars should be accredited.

But with escrow, now accreditation not important?

•••
I’m glad you found other options but your issues are your own, not mine.

It’s very simple, I’m not going to limit a buyer on where they can take a domain, I’m not interested in throwing up unnecessary hurdles to get a sale when you don’t need too.

My issues ARE my own - and I dealt with them. Apparently you have not dealt with yours yet.

No one even knows who you are - that "you're not going to limit a buyer on where they can take domain...." has zero merit in this discussion. Its quite difficult to even discuss anything with you. You sign up a week ago, jump right into Epik / Rob M posts and are highly critical... You think we were born yesterday? Good bye, I am not responding anymore.

•••
What does auto-closed mean? Was that done by the user or by the NP staff is what I mean...

I believe there is a limit on how many posts new members can make, so it might have been done automatically.

•••
•••
Is Epik a licensed escrow provider like Escrow.com?

Do they have the relevant state licenses in each state they do business?

Brad

•••
Is Epik a licensed escrow provider like Escrow.com?

Do they have the relevant state licenses in each state they do business?

Brad
It is important? I never noticed that, I think escrow just need to be trustable is ok.

•••
We don't know but paying a full fee for a cancelled transaction is double upsetting.

•••
Safest and most secure escrow, for both the buyer and the seller, is Epik. The list of complaints with other escrow companies is long and deep. You just won't find those complaints with Epik.

Not an accredited escrow no matter how many times you repeat it, still just a marketplace transaction. I’ve noticed whenever I see big sales it’s usually thru escrow.com. Big boys I guess see the value of using an actual accredited escrow and not forcing a buyer to a registrar they might not want to use, which could hurt sales.

Escrow.com - buyer can use any registrar they choose

Epik marketplace transaction - only Epik

•••
Not an accredited escrow no matter how many times you repeat it, still just a marketplace transaction. I’ve noticed whenever I see big sales it’s usually thru escrow.com. Big boys I guess see the value of using an actual accredited escrow and not forcing a buyer to a registrar they might not want to use, which could hurt sales.

Escrow.com - buyer can use any registrar they choose

Epik marketplace transaction - only Epik
The choice is yours. I prefer companies that focus on customer service and innovation over companies that use back hand tactics to attempt to take out competition. Again, the choice is yours.

•••
Most of us aren't 'big boys'. My 'little boy' experience with selling through Epik was almost 'scary', they make it so easy and fast in comparison. And unless I missed it, I haven't come across a story yet where Epik stuck someone who was selling through them.

Which doesn’t change the fact it’s who the big boys use, anybody, even smaller transactions.

You skipped over the other points brought up, care to tackle them?

You think it could help or hurt a sale by giving a buyer only 1 registrar option?

Do you think they should be accredited?

Do you understand the difference between marketplace transaction and an actual escrow?

Would you buy your domains at a registrar that wasn’t accredited?

Last edited:
•••
I find it intriguing that you only post on threads that involve @Rob Monster and/or Epik. I can't help but think that you are Escrow.com.

I find it more intriguing you post in every Epik thread trying to defend stuff that doesn’t hold up. In the escrow thread itself, you were posting more than rob on the subject as if you were an Epik spokesman.i saw an actual lawyer in thread explaining stuff.

Do you want to tackle the points or just divert? I brought up 4 relevant, on topic questions, tackle them.

Last edited:
•••
I like discussion, you will find me on many subjects.

In regards to Epik and Rob, I like what they are doing. I find the openness and engagement by Rob to be exemplary. Simple as that.

If you like discussion, then actually discuss, start with the 4 questions I posted. Something deeper than I like rob, that’s obvious. Your posts come across as more running interference type posts, diversion.

Last edited:
•••
You think it could help or hurt a sale by giving a buyer only 1 registrar option?

Do you think they should be accredited?

Do you understand the difference between marketplace transaction and an actual escrow?

Would you buy your domains at a registrar that wasn’t accredited?

These 4

•••
Yawn... You sure are beating a dead horse here. You obviously have a hidden agenda.

Escrow.com is not secure at all. You can buy a stolen domain using them and they won't even do anything about it. Give me a break.

Epik.com is slam dunk more secure when they require the domain to be registered with them. Rob is also doing more to help domain investors than anyone is else by a mile.

You just skipped the questions as well. It’s another I like rob post. So who has the agenda here? All 4 questions are legit and on topic. Why the struggle to answer them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back