IT.COM

news Epik helps patterns.com owner recover domain in UDRP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The domain name Patterns(.com) was stolen from Network Solutions in 2020. DNProtect was approached by the owner of the domain name to help recover their stolen domain name.

BizCN registrar refused to cooperate and return the domain name to the owner. Therefore, DNProtect turned to domain name attorney Daniel Prince to file a UDRP. The decision of the UDRP was to return the domain, as the domain was acquired by the respondent via "fraudulent means".

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/03/01/epik-helps-patterns-com-owner-recover-domain-in-udrp/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, I would certainly be a bit more heated in the same situation if my business was wrongly yanked out from under me.

Brad
I've been keeping my public statements as vague as possible in order to keep everyone informed about what's going on. Trust me, I'd like to say a lot more, but it's pending legal action.

•••
I've been keeping my public statements as vague as possible in order to keep everyone informed about what's going on. Trust me, I'd like to say a lot more, but it's pending legal action.
Fair enough.

Brad

•••
patterns.com is currently parked with sale label on top when you click it you get directed to Sawbrokers.com inquiry form.

The domain is pointing to NS1.MYTRAFFICMANAGEMENT.COM, NS2.MYTRAFFICMANAGEMENT.COM

Last edited:
•••
Do you know if there are any kind of legal investigations ongoing?

•••
To be fair, the story you told in the AMA thread not only sounded vague, it didn't sound very convincing to me.

I therefore hope that you have the very best lawyer, because it is indeed quite possible that you have been duped as well. How exactly is unclear to me, but I wish you a lot of strength.

Maybe you can help other Epik/Masterbucks victims in the meantime, with your unique knowledge of how things work internally at Epik, I sincerely hope so.

All the best.

•••
Do you know if there are any kind of legal investigations ongoing?
Only the previous one that I was a part of but am no longer a part of (related to DNProtect). I believe John Berryhill mentioned it in another thread.

•••
•••
•••
An update on this.
We recovered the Patterns(.com) stolen domain via UDRP. The domain was being held at Epik, and was for sale. Then, randomly, Brian Royce, CEO of Epik at the time, decided that Patterns(.com) was Epik's domain (it was not), and he sold the domain without permission from the owner. So at this point, the owner of the domain has been 'victimized' twice now.

•••
@bhartzer thanks for updates.

Brian Royce, CEO of Epik at the time
I'm curious who is the 'official' CEO at Epik now that 2024 has rolled around. Also wondering what capacity, if any, Royce has in this new year.

•••
@bhartzer thanks for updates.

I'm curious who is the 'official' CEO at Epik now that 2024 has rolled around. Also wondering what capacity, if any, Royce has in this new year.
That's what is so confusing. Epik LLC has not said who the new owners are, who the CEO is, who the COO is, and who's "running the show" so to speak. There's speculation, but nothing has been revealed about this "new company".

•••
That's what is so confusing. Epik LLC has not said who the new owners are, who the CEO is, who the COO is, and who's "running the show" so to speak. There's speculation, but nothing has been revealed about this "new company".
Thanks. All things considered, it makes sense why no one wants to raise his/her head!!!

However, just like a crime scene, there are fingerprints everywhere of who is still active. I'll leave it up to the super sleuths to discuss. :xf.smile: I'm off to a meeting.

•••
This is just too bizarre. That's it. I have gone ahead and transferred all my domains out of Epik now.

Goodbye Epik!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back