IT.COM

information Epik and your plan

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I know there are a lot of members here have account with Epik so the information from you may help other members.

1. How many names do you have with Epik
2. Are you worried and what's your plan NOW and when the hacking is OVER

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have domains at Epik, yes the constant noise is concerning, so are unvaccinated people!

currently the World is in Chaos,

I am focusing on what I can control.

Don't drink the Kool Aid people!

Stay strong and be safe.

Cheers
Corey

•••
How many names I have at Epik is 'my business'. :xf.cool:

My plan for now and the future? Simple, carry on as before, I shall keep those domains at Epik and will continue to register domains at Epik if it makes financial sense to do so.

I have an inbuilt resistance to being threatened or blackmailed, which is what the supposed hacker/s are actually trying to do to 'us' domainers, for it is 'us' they are targeting in an effort to force us to do their bidding. Well I have news for them, I have been in real combat, and I literally mean hand-to-hand - and whatever they threaten is nothing compared to that. They, the hacker/s, can go and get stuffed as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
•••
I don't have many domains at Epik, but almost all my names are parked with them because of their highly customizable landing pages.

Let's see how this pans out, for now I've just changed my password. At this point it doesn't make much sense to remove one's account IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I made the choice earlier this year to make Epik my 'go to' registrar for almost all of my domain names. I have no political affiliation with the far-right, and furthermore I don't pick my registrar based on politics. I legitimately found Epik to have some of the lowest prices, easy to use interface, good support, and what I thought was good security. The latter of course now in question.

I'm extremely concerned and am actively looking to move ALL of my domains away from Epik. I often relied on landing pages and Epik Marketplace for sales but regardless of how the situation pans out, potential buyer's trust in Epik is going to be at an all time low after this press coverage and media surrounding Epik.

I think it would be a bad business decision to continue trying to sell through Epik due to reputation issues alone, even if it turns out that the hack wasn't as serious as Anonymous claims. The damage to their credibility is done. If further investigation finds that Epik truly did store information in plain-text then they have much bigger problems coming.

Last edited:
•••
I think it would be a bad business decision to continue trying to sell through Epik due to reputation issues alone, even if it turns out that the hack wasn't as serious as Anonymous claims. The damage to their credibility is done. If further investigation finds that Epik truly did store information in plain-text then they have much bigger problems coming.

Did you feel and post the same for all the other banks, registrars, national bodies, etc. which have been hacked? For instance the GoDaddy hacking incidents?

Last edited:
•••
I am going to start moving all my domains to another registrar. Already moved some of the most important ones. I really liked Epik's platform, but there is too much drama with DAN, Paypal, the hack, the religious email, the fights..

His prayers will not keep my hacked data safe - good IT security would have..

Last edited:
•••
Almost all domains parked on Epik - I moved to another landers.
Epik needs rebranding and absolutely another kind of PR.

No available budget for transfer games right now.

p.s. 0 domains in my GoDaddy account.

•••
I also don't want to disclose how many names I have with Epik (knowing the exact number will not make your wife happier, @johnn ), but it's more than a 100.
I did change the password, but generally my concern regarding this attack equals to an absolute big huge round zero. Today Epik got hacked, tomorrow it's Dynadot (where I also keep some good portion of my portfolio), then GoDaddy and so on and so forth. Then we stop domaining or what?
One can say it's because of Rob Monster's political views and it could be avoided, but this statement sounds extremely speculative and vague to me.
For me, working with Epik is a good experience and I'll definitely continue on a journey.

Last edited:
•••
Not worried. I don't have much on Epik anway.

I am a constant target of hack and scam attempts because of what I own. Hundreds of notifications of failed attempts weekly.

Little do they know...

Last edited:
•••
Registered 3 domains already today. Not going to worry until I know more but not thinking of switching anything. I like the range of services Epik developed and their innovation will only create positive change in the marketplace.
The already polarized world is becoming further divisive, wokness, identity politics, etc so any corporation not giving in will be on the receiving end of orchestrated PR campaigns.

Last edited:
•••
as you may expect, I have removed all my domains away from epik.
he is still praying for me.
that s*cks

•••
Worst epik hit thread, out of all.

Move with the other epik thread it belongs

I already posted this there; was in junkmail
Keep piling on, johnn, and others who “quit” When Rob posts, be more than GD did in life
3B3E90C9-736D-4013-90F9-5F69DA089603.jpeg

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't understand why ppl have such bias toward epik.

- Epik offers the most competitive price, better than almost all other registrars;
- they have very nice customer services, and their ppl love to help and respect all customers. better than all other registrars;
- Epik treats domainers like real human, real friends, this differs from other registrars.

Just my experience.

•••
Samer,

Stop worship Rob like God, we are human beings and we do make mistakes.
You blindly kiss his a$$ regardless of what he is doing. That's wrong.
This thread is about members helping other members in the current situation.

Open your eyes.

•••
keeping my domains ,adding google auth and sms auth tho, are you going to move to godaddy that got hacked? or Dynadot with ...
regardless of where you go they are prone to getting hack period.
any domainer should know this.

Last edited:
•••
as you may expect, I have removed all my domains away from epik.
he is still praying for me.
that s*cks
no offense but it's a little weird that "he is still praying for me" is all you picked from the email sent and again no offense

•••
no offense but it's a little weird that "he is still praying for me" is all you picked from the email sent and again no offense

I have no longer any domains at epik
he is talking about severe issues at epik

and next he tells me that he prays for me?

that's what I call sarcasm

•••
No plans to move my domains. I'll stick with Epik.

•••
Samer,

Stop worship Rob like God, we are human beings and we do make mistakes.
You blindly kiss his a$$ regardless of what he is doing. That's wrong.
This thread is about members helping other members in the current situation.

Open your eyes.

Ppl has their choice and preference, isn't it? You have your freedom to dislike, others have their freedom to like. Any wrong? From business perspective I like Epik, & personal perspective, I think Rob is a great person to work.

•••
I have no longer any domains at epik
he is talking about severe issues at epik

and next he tells me that he prays for me?

that's what I call sarcasm

Yes

If this hack happened to dynadot or NSI (which potentially possible), they f**ked you up and they don;t even care to send you a solicitude

grow up, kid

•••
Yes

If this hack happened to dynadot or NSI (which potentially possible), they f**ked you up and they don;t even care to send you a solicitude

grow up, kid

Look omelet
this is not a thread about the event
and the issues resulting from that

but a private discussion started by Johnn

•••
Back