Dynadot

Enom accounts on EBay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been seeing reseller accounts on ebay where you pay only $6.99 for a domain as a reseller. Of course to get one you have to win a bid on ebay.

What is the SCAM or there isnt one? They state going thru Enom can cost $xxxx.xx. Can you get a reseller account by going to Enom directly and get names for $6.99 and no fees?

Here is a link to one on EBay as an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11153&item=5731743063&rd=1

Thanks,
RickyG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That auction seems to be for an enom RETAIL account:

This auction is for an eNom retail account ...

There are two kinds of eNom accounts. One is reseller and requires a $100 minimum deposit to be made when using a credit card or PayPal. The other is retail, which lets you pay for one domain at a time on a credit card or PayPal, without deposit.

Both use the same login and interface. The "catch" is that retail accounts cannot create more reseller/retail accounts, but they are virtually identical in every other way.

That would be a good deal, except that you can now get a $6.95 account from sipence.com at no cost. Sipence appears to be enom in disguise, as an enom login works at sipence, and vice-versa.

•••
armstrong said:
That auction seems to be for an enom RETAIL account:
That would be a good deal, except that you can now get a $6.95 account from sipence.com at no cost. Sipence appears to be enom in disguise, as an enom login works at sipence, and vice-versa.

Can we push domains between our sipence.com account and our ENOM reseller account?

•••
armstrong said:
$6.95 account from sipence.com at no cost. Sipence appears to be enom in disguise, as an enom login works at sipence, and vice-versa.

Which is probably what they are selling since you can't create $6.95 retail accounts.

•••
Peace said:
Can we push domains between our sipence.com account and our ENOM reseller account?

Yes. Just pushed a couple of domains from enom to sipence, verified the changed whois, pushed them back, and again saw the whois change.

So it appears enom truly does not value its resellers anymore. What possible advantage is there in being a reseller now, when its even cheaper to register via these sipence accounts since these don't incur the 3% credit card "convenience fee"?

•••
I too have wondered about this. This does seem like a weird move for Enom (with Sipence.com) in regards to their resellers, for whom the retail price is now a minimum of $8.95.

I do guess the folks selling these on Ebay are really taking advantage of folks by just setting up a sipence account for folks (for free) and then collecting whatever people pay.

Oh well, I guess that's the way of the world.
Andrew

•••
zestydomains*com said:
I do guess the folks selling these on Ebay are really taking advantage of folks by just setting up a sipence account for folks (for free) and then collecting whatever people pay.

Crooks! I think the last auction went for $39. I got something for them. He He!

•••
armstrong said:
Yes. Just pushed a couple of domains from enom to sipence, verified the changed whois, pushed them back, and again saw the whois change.

So it appears enom truly does not value its resellers anymore. What possible advantage is there in being a reseller now, when its even cheaper to register via these sipence accounts since these don't incur the 3% credit card "convenience fee"?

Although you can push between accounts the domain is still registered at Sipence because they are an ICANN Accredited Registrar and that is who the registry will have listed as the registrar.

•••
Between GoDaddy/Bluerazor and now Enom/Sipence, I don't know how WWD and Enom resellers are making any money. Not that I'm complaining about Sipence's prices, but it seems that all the Enom reseller accounts have instantly become worth very little.

•••
It is the same reason why Netsol and Register.com are still in business. Because not everyone is looking for the lowest price. IMO one of the most popular newbie questions on the domain forums is "where are the xxxxxx (cheapest, free, lowest, etc) domains on the internet" but the general public isn't aware of sub-8.95 domain registrations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back