IT.COM

question End user search..

NameSilo
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Guys, could you share your way to find possible end user for your domains?
I dont mean search Namebio similar sold name and whois checking.
I mean a google search potencial buyer.
Any example?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't want to find end users.
What I want is end users to find me.
End users will find you if you have domains that they want....

•••
So, you afirm NO ONE of domainers never send any mail?
Really? :)

•••
I find similar businesses and reach out via contact form, whois email, or any social media info.

•••
I have some experiences in finding end users.

1), search your domain name on google, and select the businesses match your keyword
2), contact their fb/ linkedin/ email

(I sold around 20 names by actively search for potential buyers. Many of them are traditional business owners and they dont even understand how to transfer domains and how to use domains. So tough. Maybe they pretended to be like that)

However, this would not be as good as your expectation, mainly because when you become proactive your domain becomes less valuable. Seller has more desire to sell, and buyer can pretend they dont have much interest in buying. That way, no good price can guaranteed.

But @Kate suggested to hold and wait for end users to find you, that way buyer may have more desire to buy (but they might not be rich buyers, or they pretend they are poor), seller can set and insist a high price. But the thing could be that several years your domain has no one coming in to inquire.

Now, there are so many options for buyers to consider. different domain extensions, and different brandable names, so that you name would not be guaranteed as a must-buy-name.

If you have time, and enough money to hold the names, then hold and wait to see

Good Luck! Guys

Last edited:
•••
So, you afirm NO ONE of domainers never send any mail?
Really? :)

She's saying quality domains attract end users on their own and since they knocked on your door first you can play the passive game which generally results in high-massive ROI.

Sure you can Google the terms included in the domain and find end users to reach out to but then it turns it into more of a door to door cold lead sales approach where you'll need to price your domains to sell since they didn't get off the couch to come look for them.

So the models are basically...

Quality passive game= Buy the best domains ya can, redirect them to your own sales page, bodis sales page, efty sales page kick your feet up and respond to incoming offers, since domains are high quality and offers came to you the ROI is higher meaning you don't need many sales to be profitable.

Outreach= Google and email away, maybe the domains aren't as high quality and everyone you're emailing is a cold lead that has shown no previous interest in your domain so they probably need to be priced to sell since there was no initial interest in the domain

Sure domainers are profitable in both but I've always gone the quality passive game as it equals no work other than buying good domains and responding to offers as good domains bring in a natural flow of leads on their own and then everyone your negotiating with is a "Hot" lead as they showed interest first which results in a higher close rate at higher profit margins.

Sending out 100-1000+ emails to close 1 sale doesn't really interest me as that equals work and time is money.

Last edited:
•••
I find similar businesses and reach out via contact form, whois email, or any social media info.
Guys, thanks, but I asked about the search process itself.
How do you search?
Could anybody give example with some keywords he was searching before?

•••
Guys, thanks, but I asked about the search process itself.
How do you search?
Could anybody give example with some keywords he was searching before?

Look at your domain. Are there keywords in it?
If the domain is TruckParts Google Truck Parts
Who is advertising for the term?
Who is listed in the results?
There are your possible end users.

If all your domains are made up brandables with no keywords in them that could be used by anyone then not as easy to target an end user and the reason I stick to keyword brandables over random brandables.

•••
I do it this way, I just wanted more real examples to share :)
And better successfull ones

•••
I do it this way, I just wanted more real examples to share :)
And better successfull ones

Sparedomains basically stated the overall process. Thing is that every end user is different so you'll have different responses.

During the process finding potential clients I

1) Analaze my domain name for potential keywords.

2) Find businesses via keywords; I am for US businesses since I'm in the US and for the most part so are my clients.

3) Visiting businesses websites who had similar keywords and reach out to them.

4) Make personal visits to businesses who does not have a website and offer them some sort of package.

There isn't any secret to it or a higher success routine. A lot of people hustle for their income.

•••
•••
Catch the train to your nearest city and knock door to door sales.....

•••
If you want moderately-better than reseller prices, invest a little time to hand-pick 35-50 targeted end users with a short to-the-point message about the availability of your name.
If you are looking to extract maximum value from the domain (retail prices), be patient and let the best, most motivated buyer(s) find you. If you have a name they want, they will find a way to find you.

•••
Well, I meant something different.
Ok, I try to explain it again.
For example, a few days ago I reg (who knows why?) N*e*o*n*N*a*m*e*s.
Just dont tell me it is better reg or buy just liquid names, I dont ask about what kind of domains to reg, but how and what about you think searching ideas and ways to find out the end user.
For example, I reg the domain thinking in some brand names for my portfolio site.
Then I found some businesses selling "neon sign boards with names".
So, the serch is not just googling the same domain in its long form as for example "cheap neon name dot com".
I asked about your ideas and logic in thinking who more could be the possible end user.
I saw here in "report completed domain sales" thread domain names related to food or some generic product.
So, how here you find the end user?
I mean YOUR end user.
Show here some of your sold domain and tell the story of the process of searching the end user.

Last edited:
•••
Do you have a really good and valueable domain? You will wait less and have the advantage of possoble end-users.
Do you have a weak card in your hand? Take your box and fill it with ''No, thanks.''

So, what if you simply can't find any end-user? Re-evaluate your portfolio and refresh it with really good names. Sellable names. Useful names. Smart names. And the most important, end-user targeted names.

•••
Do you have a really good and valueable domain? You will wait less and have the advantage of possoble end-users.
Do you have a weak card in your hand? Take your box and fill it with ''No, thanks.''
So, what if you simply can't find any end-user? Re-evaluate your portfolio and refresh it with really good names. Sellable names. Useful names. Smart names. And the most important, end-user targeted names.
I gave just example.
Ok, check "report completed domains sales", there are a lot of domains sold for XXX and XXXX to end users.
Sometimes a good name also needs some time to be offered to the right end user.
I just asked to tell your story behind the successful sale.
Not just "bought here for 30, contacted end user and sold for 300".
What did you google and why?
I also saw in that thread brandable sales reports when that were made after send emails.
I found soemthing like "bought here spicenrice and sold it to end user".
Ok, but how he found that end user?
Small restaurants? Blog owner? How do you get to your end user?

•••
•••
I gave just example.
Ok, check "report completed domains sales", there are a lot of domains sold for XXX and XXXX to end users.
Sometimes a good name also needs some time to be offered to the right end user.
I just asked to tell your story behind the successful sale.
Not just "bought here for 30, contacted end user and sold for 300".
What did you google and why?
I also saw in that thread brandable sales reports when that were made after send emails.
I found soemthing like "bought here spicenrice and sold it to end user".
Ok, but how he found that end user?
Small restaurants? Blog owner? How do you get to your end user?
Again, the more quality is your name, the less effort you will need to sell it. So simple.

Ps: Always listen what @Kate tells you. Sometimes, i disagree with her, but the hell, she is absolutely right about what she says!

Last edited:
•••
well, I wanted NPros members shared thier sales stories here..
like "reported domain sales" but with more details related to the searching process and ideas searching the right domain..

Last edited:
•••
Again, the more quality is your name, the less effort you will need to sell it. So simple.
Ps: Always listen what @Kate tells you. Sometimes, i disagree with her, but the hell, she is right about what she says!
Well...
You own l-i-g-h-t-c-h-i-c-k-e-n, right?
Ok, how do you plan to find the end user?
Why you reg or bought this domain?
What were you thinking about?
I wanted similar stories shared here but just about successfully already sold domains..

•••
Well...
You own l-i-g-h-t-c-h-i-c-k-e-n, right?
Ok, how do you plan to find the end user?
Why you reg or bought this domain?
What were you thinking about?
I wanted similar stories shared here but just about successfully already sold domains..
I suppose that i have a fast-food like store. Or a healthy food related website. This name could be a nice choice for these type of companies. Before you find your end-user, you must imagine first that if YOU were this guy, you would buy this name?

•••
@kite26, correct, that what i wanted to ask..

but could you, guys, share here some of your domain sale stories?
Why you reg or bought that domain?
What was your idea about the potencial end user?
What kind of small business, blog owners did you contact?
Why you decided to sell it for this price?
JUST SUCCESSFUL STORIES OF ALREADY SOLD DOMAINS.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back