NameSilo

debate End User Letter from your Gmail? Or your Website Email?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

j2tuff911

DNadvisorTop Member
Impact
End User Letter from your Gmail? or your Website Email?

How many of us are sending End User Emails using your personal Emails? Examples being: (@gmail.com, @aol.com, @hotmail.com

And how many are Sending End User EMails using there Professional Emails? Examples being: ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Please dont only say which one you use please also state why, is it purposefully done and if so why. Lets all see what works better for Email open and response rates....I think if everyone says a little something we can all learn and benefit from this.

Thanks, Jason Eisler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Official email is better. It could be difficult to integrate with email tracker though

•••
Depends on the name being sold... for lower priced names gmail is fine for me.

Higher priced / valuable names I would use pro email.

•••
good advice! i have been using my gmail but i have only been trying to reach end users for my lower end names currently i am hoping i wont need out reach for my more premium names, and yes i use Streak on my gmail account and it is a great free email tracking tool.

•••
Go expert and send them eMails from the domain you are trying to sell.

•••
with close to 600 domains that would get very expensive to register a matching email for all those names

•••
with close to 600 domains that would get very expensive to register a matching email for all those names
Get gsuite and change the whois contact for your domains to your professional email. From there anyone you outbound to or get inbound offers from will contact you via that email.

•••
In my opinion, you should never email endusers from any free account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Looks cheap and unprofessional and too much spam comes from them. [email protected], [email protected] is the best choice.

•••
Hostgator's "baby croc" (I've had it so long they might have changed the name),account will give you unlimited emails in addition to the unlimited hosting for $10-$12 per month. I only use Gmail when I want to schedule an email to arrive at the same time to multiple potential buyers.

•••
In my opinion, you should never email endusers from any free account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Looks cheap and unprofessional and too much spam comes from them. [email protected], [email protected] is the best choice.

If you have a good looking domain for that then yes... but if you have the spammy version like gibberish123.xyz then Gmail would trump that imo. Obviously if you're selling names worth more than a couple hundo you might wanna be more pro than Gmail. (y)

•••
the email address doesn't make the email look professional
i'd say, how it's written, language used and closing statement, indicates professionalism more than anything

but to me, it doesn't matter what email address you use....
cuz you're still sending unsolicited email or spam

so, chances prolly are 50/50 depending on the name you're trying to pander and the context of the email.

imo

•••
I get lots of domain inquiries *from* Gmail/Outlook addresses, many of which are by professionals. Personally, I prefer to use my web site email.

•••
End User Letter from your Gmail? or your Website Email?

How many of us are sending End User Emails using your personal Emails? Examples being: (@gmail.com, @aol.com, @hotmail.com

And how many are Sending End User EMails using there Professional Emails? Examples being: ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Please dont only say which one you use please also state why, is it purposefully done and if so why. Lets all see what works better for Email open and response rates....I think if everyone says a little something we can all learn and benefit from this.

Thanks, Jason Eisler

I used both for testing purpose, i sent almost 50 email from professional email. I got almost more than 5 replies and at other end i sent almost more than 200 email through gmail. I didn't got even 1 reply.

One more thing you should add poll to this question.

Regards

•••
As counter-intuitive as it may seem, I use my personal gmail account with my professional email and site in my sig. I've stopped sending from my site email as I get a much higher read, open and response rate using my gmail.

I've garnered responses from major corporations and small businesses alike.

•••
As counter-intuitive as it may seem, I use my personal gmail account with my professional email and site in my sig. I've stopped sending from my site email as I get a much higher read, open and response rate using my gmail.

I've garnered responses from major corporations and small businesses alike.
I agree with you i sent from gmail write a clear professional letter and have my professional email and social media links in my signature

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back