Dynadot

news Emojis coming to .FM domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
SAN FRANCISCO–(Business Wire)–BRS Media, a diverse and growing media e-commerce firm that assists traditional and interactive media companies build and brand on the power of the Internet, today announced that dotFM, the .FM Top-Level Domain Registry, will launch Emoji based Domain Names. Emoji domain is a domain name with an expressive digital image or icon in it.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.am seems will be available too.
I missed the launching date...?

•••
This is still a little bit up in the air, but launch will probably be around March 1. They're testing interest right now... so if you want a particular domain, particularly if you have a project you're looking to build on an emoji domain, reach out to them soon.

•••
Thank you. I hope the reg fee is not higher than the regular fee.

•••
Those domains are going to be sold as premium....

•••
They don't allow you to submit a price interest below $1000. I'll stick with my .ws singles.

The .ws extension will remain the .com of emoji domains.

•••
.fm emoji domains out in preview now: 🤑.fm

... some of the domains are still held back for premium pricing, so consider this a beta.

We've started seeing some initial interest / registration, so it'll be neat to see where this goes. .fm is doing really well in the podcast / audio space.

I registered 😀.fm to host the ridiculous theme song I commissioned for i❤️.ws

•••
“As part of our 20th Anniversary, we are thrilled 'Smiley Face' to officially launch emoji domains under the .FM Top-Level Domain,” remarked George T. Bundy, Chairman & CEO of BRS Media, Inc. “Emoji Branding is the next frontier in Creative Digital Marketing and we look forward to the originality and inspiring usage of emoji domains by dotFM clients. Today emojis are incorporated in all aspects of consumers' online conversations; mobile devices, social media, texting, messaging, and now web domains! dotFM is excited to be one of only a few prime TLDs to support emoji-based domain names.”
Read More

•••
SAN FRANCISCO–(Business Wire)–BRS Media, a diverse and growing media e-commerce firm that assists traditional and interactive media companies build and brand on the power of the Internet, today announced that dotFM, the .FM Top-Level Domain Registry, will launch Emoji based Domain Names. Emoji domain is a domain name with an expressive digital image or icon in it.
Read More

Some .fm emoji domains are already sold or unavailable becsuse when i go on
.ws to buy .ws emoji domains it shows
.fm emoji domain extensions and if they are available etc

But .ws emoji domains are still available at approx £4.50 ish etc

But .fm on the same page have a 169 usd price

So obviously i but .ws emoji domains

•••
They don't allow you to submit a price interest below $1000. I'll stick with my .ws singles.

The .ws extension will remain the .com of emoji domains.

I think so too

I own a few .ws emoji domains but was a few months too late to buy .ws singles

But the investors tend to prefer .ws as s fav emoji extension etc

•••
.fm emoji domains out in preview now: 🤑.fm

... some of the domains are still held back for premium pricing, so consider this a beta.

We've started seeing some initial interest / registration, so it'll be neat to see where this goes. .fm is doing really well in the podcast / audio space.

I registered 😀.fm to host the ridiculous theme song I commissioned for i❤️.ws

That emoji should be the .fm emoji website address nice and easy to remember

emoji renewal fees should be 10 usd to compete with .com

Emoji purchase and renewal fees will limit the amount of emoji donain names bought and renewed

.com doesnt have any competition whilst it is assumed to be the best and a very very reasonable purchase and renewal fee

•••
You can bring the price down to $74/year if you register / renew in increments of 5 years via https://dot.fm/pricing.cfm

I used Godaddy's domain discount club to bring the cost of my emoji .FM domain registration to around $100.

•••
Very high investment. It is not worth it at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back