Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Larion

Established Member
Impact
New blog from The Domain King:

EMERGENCY INDUSTRY ALERT!!
ICANN Wants to SEIZE ALL Your Domains!!

ICANN Proposal #15, would result in the suspension of an entire portfolio of Domains if deemed a "repeat offender" with *2* domain dispute losses! (not just the domains that were in dispute!)

https://www.ricksblog.com/2019/11/emergency-industry-alert-icann-wants-to-seize-all-your-domains/

https://twitter.com/DomainKing/status/1196377351229247489

https://community.icann.org/display/RARPMRIAGPWG/2019-11-03+ICANN66+Montreal+-+Review+of+all+Rights+Protection+Mechanisms+(RPMs)+in+all+gTLDs+PDP+WG?preview=/115641871/120819086/URS Individual Proposal Survey Result.pdf

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wish it remains as proposal forever..

•••
Wouldn't this scare the pants off of entities like GreatDomains??

•••
It is indeed troubling, particularly given how surprising some URS decisions have been and how precedents keep widening and some, certainly not all, legal representatives seem very enthusiastic to push UDRP and URS cases. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Bob

•••
I would bet that this never goes through but thinking back, Trump had worst odds and he's president so.. We better do our best to fight it.

Last edited:
•••
ICANN Proposal #15, would result in the suspension of an entire portfolio of Domains if deemed a "repeat offender" with *2* domain dispute losses! (not just the domains that were in dispute!)

There is no legal basis for this practice. Even if ICANN votes, I believe there will be a lot of legal judgments.

•••
I wonder how that confiscation part would work. Could be very easy in some cases, but probably very difficult in many others. This is going to make domainers even more secretive for sure.

Last edited:
•••
Whats next is Icann going to ban, reselling of domain names. Like social media accounts do? Is that even possible?

•••
Interesting, how does ICANN plan to liquidate the confiscated portfolio?
Auction the domains to the public or among selected few?
Return the domains to the pull at reg fee?
Keep the portfolio for itself?
Others?

•••
•••
I would bet that this never goes through but thinking back, Trump had worst odds and he's president so.. We better do our best to fight it.
WELL Anything is possible after Trump what a sad system .

•••
:ROFL:

It was Saint Obama that gave away control over ICANN...

•••
•••
:ROFL:

It was Saint Obama that gave away control over ICANN...

Ted Cruz only 1 fought, to prevent transfer..
Ted reason wrong (knew nothin about internet) but his concerns hand control to ICANN, valid. ICANN shown be incompetent, morally corrupt.

if we could rewind time wud we block transfer?

Last edited:
•••
Ted Cruz only 1 fought, to prevent transfer..
Ted reason wrong (knew nothin about internet) but his concerns hand control to ICANN, valid. ICANN shown be incompetent, morally corrupt.

if we could rewind time wud we block transfer?
I believe that Trump would block the transfer.

•••
I think I'm the only person who's ok with this ...

... because if this were implimented that would also mean that any company that loses two UDRPs would automatically lose their business right?

Fair is fair!

Seriously .. this is just ludicrous! :-/

•••
What happens if "Google", "GoDaddy" or "CSC Corporate Domains" loses two UDRP-disputes?

Well, who needs these guys anyway... :cautious:

•••
No .. I meant it in that if a company as the complainant files 100 UDRPs against domainers .. and loses 2 of them .. then they should lose their business .. since the expectation is for domainers to lose their business if they lose 2 UDRPs.

Fair is fair!

That would surely lead to an end of abusive non-founded complaints SUPER fast! lol

•••
What if a company who owns lots of gems and loses two UDRP?
I believe if we see a lots of names then there might be often UDRP cases.
What might be the scenerio if it is implemented?
These are personal opinion.
Thanks
DpakH

•••
Anyway, there is always the law of nature:

"What Goes Around, Comes Around."

:xf.smile:

•••
Anyway, there is always the law of nature:

"What Goes Around, Comes Around."

:xf.smile:

If this topic even begins to get any serious momentum, it will be a call to action for registrars to cease cooperating with WIPO altogether. They are way out of their lane on this one.

With UDRP, WIPO is operating a small claims court for domains. They are apparently attempting to expand their scope into (corporate-sponsored) content police.

The recent decision on VisitQatar is just the latest example of anti-registrant bias that must stop.

WIPO is walking very close to the precipice with UDRP dysfunction. If they continue on their present trajectory, it will be the end for them. ICANN and/or the private sector will simply out-innovate them.

The eulogy of UDRP is already in draft, folks.

Worth a read:

https://www.wipo.int/portal/en/news/2019/article_0050.html

@Zak Muscovitch

Last edited:
•••
Back