Dynadot

Eliminate Render Blocking Javascript and CSS in Above The Fold Content?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

stel

Established Member
Impact
Hi there,
on page speed insights, i receive this message for my site http://funnycat.pics:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Your page has 3 blocking script resources and 5 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

Use asynchronous versions of the following scripts:

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

I can't seem to work out how to fix this problem, so any help on this situation would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Stel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I visited your site and thought that it was down because it took so long to load, so I see your problem.

Here's a link on asynchronous javascript file loading for your plus one script: http://css-tricks.com/thinking-async/
jquery-migrate.js wasn't found on your server, so you might consider eliminating it entirely if it is not critical.

I'm still not convinced that these issues should cause such a long page load time. What type of server are you using for hosting?

•••
Hi thanks for your reply, i will definitely look into that when i wake up and read through that useful resource. I am using Bluehost hosting and a Cloudflare server, therefore that shouldn't be the problem.

Any other ideas you have which may help my page load speed?

I've done a few tweaks so it might be loading faster than it did yesterday, let me know if it is the same or better. Thanks again for the information, it is very much appreciated!

•••
What list of wordpress plugins are you currently using? It'll be easier to tell what's going on if I can check out some code.

As for the load time, it loaded for me a little better, but not very quickly still.

•••
The plugins i am currently using are:
Akismet
BackWPUp
Better Wordpress Minify
Broken Link Checker
Contact Form 7
Email newsletter
Floating Social Media Icon
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
Google XML Sitemaps
Jetpack by WordPress.com
MOJO Marketplace
Options Framework
P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)
Pingler
Really Simple CAPTCHA
Regenerate Thumbnails
SEOPressor
Simple Share Buttons Adder
Unveil Lazy Load
Wordfence Security
WordPress SEO
WP-Optimize
WP Resized Image Quality
WP SlimStat
WP Smush.it
WPtouch Mobile Plugin

I know that this is a massive list but all of them seem to be necessary, please tell me if there is any which aren't really that useful.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back