domain ego.net

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

anno

Established Member
Impact
0
Please appraise ego.net ...
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
HI

The .net value to the same .com is around 3%-5% of the .com domain value so if the .com sold for 75k then I would value the .net at between $2250 - $3570

This is just my point of view from watching many .com sales and then seeing the .net sell months later..

There is no exact formula. Depending on the keyword itself, buyer, use, etc. it could be from 0% - 20% of the .COM

Generally keywords will have a higher % than brandables as there is more demand in other extensions.

Brad
 
0
•••
I own EnterTheEgo.com - it has a very specific idea behind it that I offered visitors. Ego.net - it sounds like something could come of it - but the fact that ego.com and ego.net overall do not appeal to me directly, nor do I feel others would share your possible enthusiasm. I've used up all of my dashes.

$10?
 
0
•••
I've put ego.net on the feature list of sedo and see where it goes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
wireless.eu - asap.eu - colorwood.com - c.ai - t.ai
 
0
•••
I think this is worth low $xx,xxx - so a good purchase.

There are literally 100s of 'end users' for a domain like this.

Good Luck

I agree!

I appraise this name from mid $x,xxx- very low $xx,xxx

As for ".net is 2-5% of the .com..", all i have to say is WOW!

Remember that .net is still the alternative choice for small and medium businesses in the US and that premium .net holders would not sell their names for "2-5%" of the .com value.
 
0
•••
I agree!

I appraise this name from mid $x,xxx- very low $xx,xxx

As for ".net is 2-5% of the .com..", all i have to say is WOW!

Remember that .net is still the alternative choice for small and medium businesses in the US and that premium .net holders would not sell their names for "2-5%" of the .com value.

I bought this domain from the owner of ego.com in an auction at 7% of the .com value. Obviously they didn't want to hold it any longer, or they are short on money. In an auction prices can get anywhere, so it's hard to tell if they expected more for it... Can't tell if there was a reserve price.
 
0
•••
Well as a owner of a lot of .net domains I have watched .net prices closely over the pass 4-5 years and what I said about the 2%-5% value of the same name in a .com still holds true..

But there are some cases the .net will go over 10% or more...

the ego.net is a good name but the value of the .net LLL over the past 4 year has not really moved..

so it depends on what you paid for the name.. if you paid $5k then you need to hold or develop.

I would develop... build a social site about ego's.. put adsense on it.. and build the traffic rank of the domain / site

make it a membership site... so you can contact members with offers...

I would not sell but develop...

hope this helps...
 
0
•••
Dear Ezimedia,

Thanks for your inside information, I really appreciate it! :)

Development is not my strongest asset, in fact I don't know anything about it. I'll have to learn it...

I just put it on the feature list of sedo. Guess I'll hold it like you say.

Putting adsense on it would help, in the first 10 days I have 300 hits per day right now. What is the difference with parking it at sedo btw? I'm getting revenues right now, why would I develop it with adsense?

Thank you so much anyway!

Anno
 
0
•••
I think that $5200 was too much for the .net
Should have bought a LLL.com with poorer letters

What? You mean instead of letters that randomly form a universally recognized three letter word just pick three random letters?

But I'd mostly agree anyway.

I'd say $5200 would on the very top end of investment prices. End user prices are limited by the end user so could be more.

Development isn't worth it if it's not your niche.
 
0
•••
Resale: $xxxx range.

I like this domain and it seems to be easy to remember and would fit excellent in advertisements etc. IMHO this domain has many options. It does not have to be used for an information site about egos etc. For example it would be excellent for a site with user generated content, could be goofy news, or some kind of entertainment site.

Good luck, you have an excellent domain.
 
0
•••
like eGO!

Thank you so much for reading and appraising. In the end I still don't know what to do with it but to hold it.
Like many names here it will grow in value, it's an investment. To be honest I admit it's the best domain I bought so far.
But the market can go anywhere. In the end we're all gamblers :)

Good luck to all!
 
0
•••
mid to high X,XXX
 
0
•••
Hold it for a while & you may be able to fetch high x,xxx to low xx,xxx ranges.
Nice unforgettable name. Even its .net, its worth for that price. Nice investment.

You submit it for auction / events like latonas, domainfest & lot more. Also contact catnip.com Try to explore all the marketing possibilities.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back