Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

domain ego.net

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

anno

Established Member
Impact
0
Please appraise ego.net ...
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Very nice name, mid X,XXX
 
0
•••
Thanks lexcollect. Estibot appraises this one at 32k. Is this realistic?
 
0
•••
to an enduser maybe, reseller value is different
 
0
•••
so the challenge is to find an enduser?
 
0
•••
thats everyones goal, you got a good one
 
0
•••
Mid $xxxx
 
0
•••
1. the easiest way to find an end user for this one is to google for ego.net, and e-mail all big money companies to buy it. my experience is that the reply is poor ...
2. another option is to park it on sedo for example and wait and hope that an enduser comes accross it and wants to pay the amount at once ...

are there other options?
 
0
•••
yes, you actually sumed it up nicely
 
0
•••
SUPERB domain. Easy four figures there, could jump into five figures.
 
0
•••
Thanks lexcollect. Estibot appraises this one at 32k. Is this realistic?

Not really. Ego.com sold for $75K last year. You are probably looking at mid $X,XXX unless you find the perfect end user who really wants it.

Brad
 
0
•••
OK, this is what, I assume, you paid for it 3 weeks ego, I mean, ago:

Domain Source Price Date
ego.com Sedo $75,000 USD 2009-07-15
ego.net Sedo $5,200 USD 2010-06-0


I think you got a good deal at 5,200, as it should go up in value.

congrats - nice investment - I own "ego" in some other extensions, and have recently received offers - now I know why ---
 
0
•••
I think that $5200 was too much for the .net
Should have bought a LLL.com with poorer letters
 
0
•••
I think this is worth low $xx,xxx - so a good purchase.

There are literally 100s of 'end users' for a domain like this.

Good Luck
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I agree with samit, And i really dig this name. A nice buy at 5.2K

The name has so much appeal, I think end users will come around in due time with offers in the 20K range

Congrats on a great buy, and best of luck with it.
 
0
•••
OK, this is what, I assume, you paid for it 3 weeks ego, I mean, ago:

Domain Source Price Date
ego.com Sedo $75,000 USD 2009-07-15
ego.net Sedo $5,200 USD 2010-06-0

That means the .NET sale value was about 7% of the .COM - is that about standard? Seems a little low to me.

If I paid 75k for the .COM I would have invested the other $5.2k to get the .NET just to secure it - I think definitely low $xx,xxx.
 
0
•••
Thank you all for appraising this one!
It appears to me that probably I'll get my 5,2k back. Finding an enduser is the challenge now...
 
0
•••
*

Go find a rich New York or Hollywood shrink with a BIG ego and deep pockets; I could see this going for low $xx,xxx.


*
 
0
•••
HI

The .net value to the same .com is around 3%-5% of the .com domain value so if the .com sold for 75k then I would value the .net at between $2250 - $3570

This is just my point of view from watching many .com sales and then seeing the .net sell months later..
 
0
•••
Ok, so the value of a .net domain is a fraction (5%) of a .com.

ego.net seems to have a real net(work) value. wouldn't this add any value then?
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back