Dynadot

.Edu Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have heard that if you owned a .edu before they made it exclusive to educational institutions you were grandfathered into the extension. Just wondering if any Nameproer owns one? the other question is how much did you think a .edu name is worth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say that, irregardless of what it even is, .edu's have a fixed value of $1,000 + (just on account of being a .edu name).

•••
i do not think anybody owns a .edu name here but there are a lot of people who have got blogs hosted on .edu domains. they are great for SEO purposes and a linkback is considered very valuable

even links of these blogs are sold for XX per month so i think that a domain itself will be worth X,XXX atleast

•••
champ -- any examples of these blogs? I'd be interested in seeing one :p

•••
I knew someone who ran one up until about a month ago, at which point it was shut down, and he was almost suspended from his school.

•••
Wesley said:
champ -- any examples of these blogs? I'd be interested in seeing one :p
i think i will send u a Pm with my blog address.

•••
You can register .edu.eu domains if education institution is located in European economic area or your website is about Education

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back