Dynadot

Editor for PHP?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As frontpage is an easy editor for HTML,
Any easy editor is available for PHP script??

I have some premade scripts and like to edit and upload..

I don't know much in programming...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm..looks interesting, let me know

•••
I hadn't noticed they have a premium version :p - might have a look at that:)

One thing I only started using a few days ago was the built in ftp client - its much easier than jumping to another prog to upload files.

Its also got a nice search / replace feature which allows you to use regular expressions.

•••
Unknown said:
CrimosonEditor.com Awsome program. I will look @ ultra edit also.

Installed then Uninstalled UltraEdit. Needs to be regged :P

Crimson Editor all the way! I use this for pretty much everything, including visual basic, and then i copy and paste into vb6 :P

•••
PHP Eclipse (http://www.phpeclipse.de/tiki-view_articles.php)

Don't know how hardcore of a programmer you are, but Eclipse is a Java IDE that was originally developed by IBM. They open sourced the development and now people maintain the project just like other Open Source projects. It's a great Java IDE and one of the good things is that it allows addon modules, one such module is PHP. There is some time and effort involved in the setup and a decent learning curve, but it's worth it. If you ever want to try another language (perl, python), you just have to download that language's Eclipse module and configure it.

Last edited:
•••
I find textpad perfect for php. IF you download the syntax add-on , you will get all the functionality of notepad as well as syntax colouring, numbering etc.

•••
PHP designer 2005

a little slow when changing files....but hey once its loaded (takes less then few second on my pc) its awesome

comes with built in ftp....highlights, numbers its great :kickass:

•••
PoorDoggie said:
DREAMWEAVERdreamweaverDREAMWEAVERdreamweaverDREAMWEAVERdreamweaver

PHP coding in Dreamweaver is great. HTML is rubbish though.

Makes me frustrated the way it keeps adding in the closing tags! :)

There is an option in the preferences to turn that off. Just look. I use gViM on Windows XP, works fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back