Dynadot

Editor for PHP?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As frontpage is an easy editor for HTML,
Any easy editor is available for PHP script??

I have some premade scripts and like to edit and upload..

I don't know much in programming...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I work mostly in EditPlus. It has nice features and is very fast. Makes a good replacement for Windows Notepad.

http://www.editplus.com/

•••
Everything I've tried doesn't compare with the simplicity of Notepad. I've been working with notepad for a good while now.

•••
•••
if you have a good bdget then zend's ide is very good as well.

•••
•••
UltraEdit (at UltraEdit.com) is a kick-ass text editor. I use it to write all my code.

-Bob

•••
•••
.PJ said:
Xint buddy, I use that

http://itspj.com/page.php?x=dwnaps

Hope that helps

PJ

Warning: Unknown(/home/itspj/public_html/page.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/itspj/public_html/page.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/itspj/public_html/page.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Opps, I don't think I want to use thier program. :lol:

•••
I agree with -RJ-, EditPlus is a very good program. Notepad works, but I like to have my lines counted for me. I hate having to search for lines. :lol:

•••
OulZac said:
Opps, I don't think I want to use thier program. :lol:
lol they have errors on their own php powered website.. that cracks me up :D

•••
Ultraedit on the few occasions I code in Windows. The superb editor Kate on linux.

•••
I code everything using UltraEdit.

•••
Sorted my website!

Sorry, the server updated versions of things, and my perssions changed, I fixed it now!!

PJ

•••
I've used htmlkit for years.

Its a great little editor with syntax hilighting and a ton of plugins.

:)

Newcomers to web page design can benefit from letting it point out errors and provide suggestions on how to create standards compliant pages. Experts can save time spent on common tasks using the highly customizable and extensible integrated development environment while maintaining full control over multiple file types including HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS, XSL, JavaScript, VBScript, ASP, PHP, JSP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, VB, C/C++, .NET C#, Delphi / Pascal, Lisp, SQL, and more.

In addition to the user friendly environment that support multiple file types and standards, HTML-Kit includes internal, external, server-side and live preview modes; FTP Workspace for uploading, downloading and online editing of files; and the ability to use hundreds of optional free add-ins through its open plugins interface.

The latest build adds the ability to run batch actions such as global search and replace in multiple files, Internet Explorer and Mozilla / Netscape side-by-side previewing, W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines checking through HTML Tidy, internal Command Prompt, TimeTracker, translations, Text to Speech Wizard, UnicodePad and more.

•••
.PJ said:
Sorted my website!

Sorry, the server updated versions of things, and my perssions changed, I fixed it now!!

PJ

Hope you didn't take offense to my comments .PJ :notme:

Also, nice site..... I checket it out, downloaded the program, and I like it, its kinda nice. Very simple like notepad, and it counts my lines, I love it, now I have two options for my php, thanks man! :great:

•••
Dreamweaver for HTML, notepad all the way for php.

•••
CrimosonEditor.com Awsome program. I will look @ ultra edit also.

Installed then Uninstalled UltraEdit. Needs to be regged :P

•••
-RJ- said:
I work mostly in EditPlus. It has nice features and is very fast. Makes a good replacement for Windows Notepad.

http://www.editplus.com/

Exactly what I use, it's perfect for any programmer. HTML, Perl, PHP etc. :)

Highly Reccomended.

•••
I found that Notepad is just as nice to use as any other commerical editors out there, minus the syntax sensitive popup and color coding.

•••
DREAMWEAVERdreamweaverDREAMWEAVERdreamweaverDREAMWEAVERdreamweaver

PHP coding in Dreamweaver is great. HTML is rubbish though.

Makes me frustrated the way it keeps adding in the closing tags! :)

•••
editing php files in dreamweaver can be a pain as it sometimes changes code when you do not wish it too, just take a look through support forums for things such as vbulletin etc.

•••
Def rockin the dreamweaver

•••
In Windows, I will always use Notepad and
for Linux the Great vi Editor :)

•••
samscripts said:
I've used htmlkit for years.

Its a great little editor with syntax hilighting and a ton of plugins.

Thanks for the tip, samscripts. I downloaded and installed it, and I plan on using this in place of Dreamweaver (which as pointed out sometimes inserts code without warning). Its great that htmlkit is free software with lots of free plugins. In time, I'll probably upgrade to their "premium" version. :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back