Plugins.ly
Economical.ly
Electrical.ly
Frizz.ly
Decent.ly
Statical.ly

Many thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dear Abdullah I think that the country has nothing to do with a good domain name, you can work with a good .LY domain regardless of the bad situation in Libya now simply because a domain is a virtual thing!
Well, this is almost true. But a ccTLD is still subject to national laws.

Besides, A TLD can go dark, and it has happened to .ly.
Read about the history of this TLD: Libya disappears from the Internet

Note that it's not just .ly. I know African TLDs that have been down for weeks due to incompetence or lack of personel. Whole TLDs.
.iq (Iraq) has had a checkered history too.
Some countries will also revoke domains that host contents they deem unIslamic. Example (Libya again): Vb.ly Domain Seized for Violating Libyan Law

Another story involving a .sy (Syria) domain: art.sy

There is a reason why some ccTLDs are underutilized.

Currently Libya is still far from stable. I would not use an exotic, unstable extension for a critical business. And I would think twice before buying it on the aftermarket for a big sum.

•••
your domains are reg free, not to be negative but it is what it is.

•••
Well, this is almost true. But a ccTLD is still subject to national laws.

There is a reason why some ccTLDs are underutilized.

Currently Libya is still far from stable. I would not use an exotic, unstable extension for a critical business. And I would think twice before buying it on the aftermarket for a big sum.

Thanks Kate, tell that for who paid $6K for predict.ly and who paid $4.7K for mu.ly and who paid $20K for smart.ly and who paid $10K for great.ly finally for who paid $100K for local.ly

:) thanks

•••
your domains are reg free, not to be negative but it is what it is.

Never mind Jason, I'll sleep on them until they become valuable then

Thanks

•••
you live and learn, your future purchases will be better.

•••
•••
Thanks Kate, tell that for who paid $6K for predict.ly and who paid $4.7K for mu.ly and who paid $20K for smart.ly and who paid $10K for great.ly finally for who paid $100K for local.ly
There are more such sales in .ly alone, you didn't quote all of them. But the fact remains that Libya is not stable and the future is very uncertain. It has no functioning government while Daesh is making progress in the region and could further destabilize the country.
I don't think people always realize the risk. It's called doing your homework.

Please don't take it personally, I am only explaining (in answer to your post) why it can never be guaranteed that a domain will always continue to work, not matter what happens in the country of origin.

I am not saying your names will never sell, but an informed buyer will see the risk and will be more reluctant to make a nice offer. If the situation on the ground becomes critical, your domains could become useless. Countries like Iraq, Syria and to some extent Libya are disintegrating and may even cease to exist in the near future (no kidding). But I see that you are from Libya so you obviously understand that.

As to the domains, there have been reported sales indeed, but there are plenty of possible domain hacks in .ly and it's not like every single name is going to sell. I think hacks are more a lottery than an investment but good luck to you and be safe :)

•••
There are more such sales in .ly alone, you didn't quote all of them. But the fact remains that Libya is not stable and the future is very uncertain. It has no functioning government while Daesh is making progress in the region and could further destabilize the country.
I don't think people always realize the risk. It's called doing your homework.

Please don't take it personally, I am only explaining (in answer to your post) why it can never be guaranteed that a domain will always continue to work, not matter what happens in the country of origin.

I am not saying your names will never sell, but an informed buyer will see the risk and will be more reluctant to make a nice offer. If the situation on the ground becomes critical, your domains could become useless. Countries like Iraq, Syria and to some extent Libya are disintegrating and may even cease to exist in the near future (no kidding). But I see that you are from Libya so you obviously understand that.

As to the domains, there have been reported sales indeed, but there are plenty of possible domain hacks in .ly and it's not like every single name is going to sell. I think hacks are more a lottery than an investment but good luck to you and be safe :)

We always hope for a better future for every one regardless of the domain business, but yet ly domains are cool and will remain cool even when Libya is suffering and they will be extra cool when Libya gets better sooner or later, and in fact I'm not hurried to sell what I have so lets wait and see.

Thanks.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back