Domain Empire

Ebay question!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hello.
Why is ebay showing that my seller account is 36$ if i didnt sold the items i posted? They charge u even if the domain will not sell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you listed your items for sale on eBay the very last screen shows your "listing" price that they charge you even if your items don't sell. If they do sell you get charged even more on top of the listing fee.

•••
acts is right...they charge you a fee to list (listing fee), and you put it up for sale, if it sells, you get charged a final buying price fee (certain percentage of ending bid price, not including s/h). You can relist for free also, if it doesn't sell. I think if it doesn't sell the second time it's refunded, maybe not...but then again, I'm not positive.

Nate

•••
How i will pay the listing fee?

•••
You need to plan ahead for this.. you can't assume the item will sell to pay for your listing fees.

Personally, I don't find ebay that good a market for domain names or websites any more.. too many junk listings to wade thru. Good for buyers, bad for sellers.

IllCodeForFood said:
How i will pay the listing fee?

•••
dgridley said:
Good for buyers, bad for sellers.

:hehe: That's the Whole Truth ~ If you can write decent ads - It is alright to sell mediocre Domains as long as you place a reserve -OR- follow a lot of other sellers on there and place a "Shipping" Fee on your Domains (I hate this Tactic because most sellers do Not bring this to your attention in the body of the listing And it seems funny to pay for a shipping fee on a non Shipping Item)
But I have done it myself :notme: (I Always put it in the Heading When I do it) to save on Listing fees on Lower Priced Domains ~ It's better to use the money buying BOLD or a SUBTITLE than on Immediate listing fees ....

•••
MSX said:
You can relist for free also, if it doesn't sell. I think if it doesn't sell the second time it's refunded, maybe not...but then again, I'm not positive.

They charge you to relist the item, however if it sells the second time then the listing fees are refunded. If it doesn't sell the second time then you still have to pay the fees again. :tu:

•••
•••
i've used to use them (ebay) last year and sales ratio was 2:10 ... too bad... my losses's worth around $350+ from listing fees D-:

•••
I've had pretty good success selling on eBay. Most of my not-so-good domains that are more "hype"ish sell on there. For example, I've got my scottkilledlaci.com on there right now, with almost 700 hits and 7 watchers, which I'm pretty sure will sell, even though I won't be making any money since I'm donating it to Laci's Fund.

Also, I had chrismaspresents.com sell on there easily for 40 bucks I believe, when I couldn't even get 5 dollars from anyone else.

Last edited:
•••
welp, I only earned selling there (ebay again) from gmail invites... earned over $1K :lol:

•••
dgridley said:
Good for buyers, bad for sellers.

Ain't it the truth...

•••
I was asking how will i pay the listing fees because i didnt regd with a credit card.

Nice to see your ebay experience :)

•••
IllCodeForFood said:
I was asking how will i pay the listing fees because i didnt regd with a credit card.

I always pay eBay in PayPal. That was a match made in heaven :o PayPal & eBay.

•••
IllCodeForFood said:

You had to of signed up with a credit card as I don't think you can have a seller's account without adding one to your account. Well atleast that's how it was when I signed up a couple years ago, you couldn't have a seller's account without first adding a credit card.

They accept offline payments through a money order or personal check as well. There's the form to print out with your ID and everything in your account. :)

Last edited:
•••
I live in spain and u can choose when you register as a seller to Register with a credit card or they can send u a postcard with a secret number.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back