domain e-brokerage dot com - reg in 1997

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

twomoon

Amat victoria curamTop Member
Impact
1,115
Hello,
Could you please appraise that domain.
It's created in 1997, taken in major extensions.
It's correct spelling with a hypen.

Thanks, Nick
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
See my appraisal for e-Beauty.com. They are similar domains.

Brad
 
0
•••
The e- domains come out of hiding..
- is a killer...
 
0
•••
0
•••
I don't like hyphenated names and I know they are not in demand. However, this name can be easily placed under the exception list. Online brokerage has a prominent place in the enterprise world and due to its very prominence hyphen can be tolerated, worth high $xxx to low $x,xxx.
 
1
•••
These are old school letter prefix names developed back in the wild west days, before people understood what direction the internet would take and before anyone knew what was going to be optimal in a name platform. They would hyphenate the letterprefix-keyword and use that as their primary development platform, even if the unhyphenated variant was available.

I kind of view these as the domain equivalent of outdated gear. Uber-sophisticated interweb long-timers can instantly identify these names for what they are and usually view them as being kinda 'retro-cool' (like an old, beat-up pawnshop guitar is to a musician), but for full scale development geared towards separating John Q Public from his money, things have progressed in a different direction.

Still, I agree there is some value there (especially with this one) but not nearly as much as if you owned the unhyphenated version, even though the pure version may be newer (I don't know- I haven't checked). I think it was John Ruskin who had a cool quote about things whose sole virtue was their age... I'll see if I can't find it.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Thanks guys for your appraisals.
Yes I also think that this domain is like “collectible” thing :) I agree that for domainers and for people who know something about SEO etc., ebrokerage would be better. But in my opinion endusers, e-brokers would prefer e-brokerage, because as I understood hyphenated version is kind of “more professional”. As I researched in G and Y ebrokers, banks, etc. use e-brokerage.
Maybe I’m wrong :)
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back