IT.COM

Dynadot suspended my domain due to “bad faith”?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was going to make it a non-profit page,

Tell the world what important mean to be that,

Educate the world on industry, do good name, also better me than someone else, as I dont look to benefit off it financially, add credibility to the industry. So messed up.

I didnt park it. i didnt list it for sale. (Wasnt
It’s been same page since reg’d.

and not profit off their name any way shape or form. Havent even changed the landing since the day i registered the name.

Im not that type of person. I dont reg “bad faith

Dynadot took away my domain just like that,
without even giving me a chance to defend, appeal give my reason. I thought icann were “non-profit”? thought they registrant rights. complained got domain suspended by. Wow.
Dynadot should at least notify before action.

I’m very sad. I didnt know something like this was possible. First time this ever happened

Shame on @Dynadot?
“Abusive action” registered name and left;
“ns1.dynadot.com”
“ns2.dynadot.com”
Since day 1. “Abusive” action.?
least talk to me before just took away
1E40CE39-5073-423C-9A4E-3226A0E92888.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im very sad at this decision.

i would have even give name ICANN free.
(still would be sad)

Treat you like a criminal just remove domain.
I know it’s stupid, i wish could take them court. if it’s in the issue of “public wellness”
Icann-accredited could be useful site.
let educate public, wont sell, love domains.

Extremely sad. pride myself in my morals,
i wanted develop name to make domaining les esoteric, just wanted it be less mysterious.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Im very sad at this decision.

i would have even give name ICANN free.
(still would be sad)

Treat you like a criminal just remove domain.
I know it’s stupid, i wish could take them court. if it’s in the issue of “public wellness”
Icann-accredited could be useful site.
let educate public, wont sell any, love domains

Tell the world what importanc means to be that,

Educate the world on industry, do good name, also better me than someone else, as I dont look to benefit off it financially, add credibility to the industry. So messed up.

and not profit off their name any way shape or form. Havent even changed the landing since the day i registered the name.

without even giving me a chance to defend, appeal give my reason. I thought they were “non-profit”? thought they registrant rights. complained got domain suspended by. Wow.

I’m very sad. I didnt know something like this was possible. First time this ever happened

Shame on @Dynadot?
“ns1.dynadot.com”
“ns2.dynadot.com”
least talk to me before just took my domain.
Show attachment 157831

"ICANN" word in stoplist in any registrar.

Last edited:
•••
"ICANN" word in stoplist in any registrar.

Not true, i have another one,
without the hyphen.
Not Dynadot..

This name is barely 60 days old.
The other name aged years.
only a matter of time? Or other reg treat better.

Last edited:
•••

Tell the world what important mean to be that,

without even giving me a chance to defend, appeal give my reason. I thought icann were “non-profit”? thought they registrant rights. complained got domain suspended by. Wow.

Shame on @Dynadot?
“ns1.dynadot.com”
“ns2.dynadot.com”
least talk to me before just took away
Show attachment 157831

Maybe you should change the thread title to take accountability of your actions.

I don't see where Dynadot took away your name as your title suggests. The email does says Dynadot suspended the domain.

If you're going to continually ask others to change their Epik subject titles, perhaps you should try to set a better example!

•••
without the hyphen.
Not Dynadot..
I think they get flagged though.

The wordage in the Dynadot email says you infringed the trademark and therefore simply due to that, they are assuming you will use it for bad reasons rather than good. When you sign up with Dynadot or any registrar, they most definitely have something in their terms of service that will reserve the right to remove domains from your portfolio under certain conditions.

Maybe the safest thing to do is actually put up a page explaining what the site will be - that way you are telling the world you have no malicious intent.

Best thing is to avoid trademarked names but in certain cases, especially non-profit, I think it can be considered. Also, next time try reaching out to the trademark holder and ask for permission.

Cheers and good luck @Samer

Last edited:
•••
without the hyphen.
Not Dynadot..

This name is barely 60 days old.
The other name aged years.
only a matter of time? Or other reg treat better.

Some registrars can be connected to the Brand Monitor system like MarkMonitor. As soon as a domain with a trademark name is registered, it can be automatically blocked by the Registrar.

•••
Maybe you should change the thread title to take accountability of your actions.

I don't see where Dynadot took away your name as your title suggests. The email does says Dynadot suspended the domain.

If you're going to continually ask others to change their Epik subject titles, perhaps you should try to set a better example!

I giv suggestion alternatives less inflammatory

What about the title dont you like?

What would you rather me change it to?

Last edited:
•••
Some registrars can be connected to the Brand Monitor system like MarkMonitor. As soon as a domain with a trademark name is registered, it can be automatically blocked by the Registrar.

Thanks! Didnt know that.
This was created 5/15/2020

Does the timeline add up? Probably so.

Thanks for all your support advice guys!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry to see the domain was disabled, unfortunately I don't have any information on that case myself. Our account managers should be able to assist further with that however, we'd just need to ask you to contact them at [email protected] in regards to this domain.

•••
For what it's worth ...
.com Registry Agreement Appendix 6
Schedule of Reserved Names
(1 December 2012)
Except to the extent that ICANN otherwise expressly authorizes in writing, the Registry Operator shall reserve names formed with the following labels from initial (i.e. other than renewal) registration within the TLD:
A. Labels Reserved at All Levels. The following names shall be reserved at the second level and at all other levels within the TLD at which Registry Operator makes registrations:
ICANN-related names:
aso
gnso
icann
internic
ccnso
IANA-related names:
afrinic
apnic
arin
example
gtld-servers
iab
iana
iana-servers
iesg
ietf
irtf
istf
lacnic
latnic
rfc-editor
ripe
root-servers
source

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back