Domain Empire

Dynadot introduces Data Analyzer tool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Got this email today:

Code:
We have added a new tool to check the DNS query volume data for unregistered COM domain names.

You can find the tool by logging into your Dynadot account. Then click on the "Search" tab and click on the "Data Analyzer Tool" sub menu link:

http://www.dynadot.com/account/

The tool is free to use as long as you have an order history with one successful payment in the last 365 days.

What is the Data Analyzer Tool?
The Data Analyzer Tool allows you to submit unregistered COM domain names for traffic data query volume analysis.

You can find it by logging into your account and clicking on the "Search" tab and then "Data Analyzer Tool" sub menu.

The data results are represented as a score between 0 and 10. A score of 1 would be on the low end of traffic volume and 10 would be on the high end. A score of 0 would be no traffic data.

There will be 6 scores for each domain name which represent different periods of time: the last 1-6 days, 1 week, 4 weeks, 13 weeks, 26 weeks, and 52 weeks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
True EG got the report back.

Funny Stuff. Shifted through some lists regged 18 top ones, pretty wild with the huge data stuff i had, this is what they gave me:

0 19855
1 765
2 242
3 89
4 44
5 84
6 27
7 37
8 41
9 19
10 6

I test regged a STRAIGHT 10 10 10 10 10 10, pretty amazing the only one out of 20k names. will report after np is back up

•••
any test-drive results, guys?:)

•••
Horrible, all my 10 9 8s failed to gain significant traffic, the most was 32 hits after 4 days, not enough to go bonkers about...

•••
the most was 32 hits after 4 days, not enough to go bonkers about...

what was the score for this one in the tool, i.e
0-6 days 1 week 4 weeks 13 weeks 26 weeks 52 week

all the domains I test in the tool have 0 in 0-6 days, but 7-8 in 1 week? can't understand what it means - 0 in 7 days but big traffic in 1 week???

Last edited:
•••
•••
8 4 7 7 6 6

nice stats of the name.

now I see that my
0 9 9 8 7 7
won't get any traffic with such a score probably. Now I can see why it was dropped having been in the Sedo parking.

thanks!

•••
just found a:
7 6 8 8 7 6
domain. will test how much traffic it gets.

•••
just found a:
7 6 8 8 7 6
domain. will test how much traffic it gets.
5 day test drive - 5 visitors, so I have 1UV/day with such Dynadot specs.

•••
MrSpartan said:
VeriSign is not supposed to provide that data for sale.
Hmm, that detail probably needs to be covered in the next .com contract with
whoever ICANN or whatever authority that time "gives" it to. Until then, that's
essentially going to be considered a party's "private" data to do as they wish.

Short of someone suing in court, maybe.

The reason I am skeptical is because any time VeriSign offers a NEW service using the data from the root servers, they need to petition ICANN to gain approval, open it up for public debate AND alter the contract to allow it. This would open up the current contract to negotionation/changes on other parts which there would be no way they would do.

Based on the results reported here, the data seems suspect anyway but still interesting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back