IT.COM

Dynadot Down

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
not completing orders since yesterdays...

then the Enom slowdown

anyone else having slow fulfillment at dynadot.

Page

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
system was a bit sluggish at around 4am AZ time this morning when I was trying for a drop catch. But it was still working ok (not good enough to win though :facepalm:)

Plus they seem to go down for maintenance at random times pretty often.

Got another one in 15 minutes, I'll let you know how it goes.

•••
Yeah, my prepay balance is stuck since yesterday.

•••
I have ordered and payed for one domain registration. Still in "limbo" mode for almost 4 hours.
Now I see that in meantime someone has registered the domain at GoDaddy (n)

•••
I have ordered and payed for one domain registration. Still in "limbo" mode for almost 4 hours.
Now I see that in meantime someone has registered the domain at GoDaddy (n)
and unfortunately no responce from Dynadot support

•••
Such a big company, this should not be happening. No excuse for it being a weekend and them being short-staffed or something.

Possible they are migrating servers or services to something new, but they should announce any service interruptions to reassure customers.

•••
•••
Well, the API system is working, just caught a name.

•••
yeah.. bad.
not really excusable for huge registrar like this.. especialy without forewarning

also note that transfers are not going through at all.. so if your thinking of transfering some expired names with little time left.. make sure they go to elsehwere... cause nothing is getting marked as pendingtransfer in whois now.

•••
My today order is delayed by 4 hours and processed. However yesterdays order is not yet fulfilled, its over 24 hours now..

Their support says they are experiencing huge load on their system.

•••
I just placed an order today (also one yesterday) and both went through without delay.
Bob

•••
•••
the site is still not working as should.. I think its going on 24-48 hours now.

but to recap:

your orders go through immediately and are reserved for you. this is confirmed by the "order received" email you get right away. at least for balance payments. not sure what hapens on other payment methods... but the orders do not finalize and you cannot access anything in your account (which is usually confirmed by the "order finalized" email we get).

transfers do not go through, so again if u got expired names on tight schedule DO NOT transfer there.

I am not really buying them saying they suddenyl got mega overloaded with orders... on friday or saturday.. vs any other previous day before. doesn't make sense to me. I mean you don't get 1 million orders on friday and 1000 on any other day. so its probably just some bugs needing fixing. I hope they get fixed soon. I've never seen this happen on any other popular registrar... unless it came with an annoucement before.

Last edited:
•••
just got all confirmation emails for finalized orders.

all transfers went through too.

not an experience I wanna go through too often. so let's hope its a one off... as in.. fixed permanently.

p.s. all this apparently related to the .uk extension ;)

cheers all

Last edited:
•••
As a 100% Dynadot supporter, I'm shocked by the lack of communucations from the report staff. For me, all the problems I've had seem to have been resolved within 24hrs. However, I'm just about to start another transaction now. So we shall see.

•••
I bought a name yesterday morning and it wasn’t placed into my account for 5 hours even though it was clearly registered. No response from customer service on weekends apparently.

•••
and unfortunately no responce from Dynadot support
Dynadot support came back with apologies and a refund. As I have stated above someone did register the domain at Godaddy as I was waiting for Dynadot to resolve the issue.

•••
Dynadot support came back with apologies and a refund. As I have stated above someone did register the domain at Godaddy as I was waiting for Dynadot to resolve the issue.

That sucks :(

•••
Hi ya'll, so sorry, we weren't doing maintenance but our order processing thread was hung up.

•••
Hi ya'll, so sorry, we weren't doing maintenance but our order processing thread was hung up.

ok thx
itd be amazing if it never happens again

•••

so can you please fill us in with exactly what the problem was, and what steps you have taken to ensure this will not be repeated. PLUS - What are you doing to provide support 24/7 and not just 9-5 weekdays.

•••
your orders go through immediately and are reserved for you. this is confirmed by the "order received" email you get right away. at least for balance payments. not sure what hapens on other payment methods... but the orders do not finalize and you cannot access anything in your account (which is usually confirmed by the "order finalized" email we get).
just got all confirmation emails for finalized orders.

all transfers went through too.

not an experience I wanna go through too often. so let's hope its a one off... as in.. fixed permanently.

p.s. all this apparently related to the .uk extension ;)

cheers all
I did regd a domain today from account balance and recieved "order recieved" email but didnt recieved "order finalized" email. As your order went through eventually, I wanted to ask did you made another order or the first order went through. Btw My order was not of .uk domain but of .co domain name.

•••
so can you please fill us in with exactly what the problem was, and what steps you have taken to ensure this will not be repeated. PLUS - What are you doing to provide support 24/7 and not just 9-5 weekdays.

Our engineering team made changes to our backend to prevent this from happening again, the orders were not processing due to a much larger volume of orders than usual being processed at that time.

We are also looking to add more customer service coverage over the weekend in the near future, although we will still likely have a gap in coverage in the early hours of the weekend mornings (based on PST times). Our live chat team is usually available 24 hours a day Monday - Friday, unless there is any unforeseen circumstances.

I did regd a domain today from account balance and recieved "order recieved" email but didnt recieved "order finalized" email. As your order went through eventually, I wanted to ask did you made another order or the first order went through. Btw My order was not of .uk domain but of .co domain name.

There shouldn't be any problems with order processing today, could you send us your order number in a private message so we could take a look at that please? Thank you.

•••
There shouldn't be any problems with order processing today, could you send us your order number in a private message so we could take a look at that please? Thank you.
I made same order again later on that day and it went through.

•••
Our engineering team made changes to our backend to prevent this from happening again, the orders were not processing due to a much larger volume of orders than usual being processed at that time.

We are also looking to add more customer service coverage over the weekend in the near future, although we will still likely have a gap in coverage in the early hours of the weekend mornings (based on PST times). Our live chat team is usually available 24 hours a day Monday - Friday, unless there is any unforeseen circumstances.

its not really a huge deal.. but maybe in some rare cases it can be when transfering expired names...

so.. may I ask why more and more frequently these days there appear to be some sort of transfer in queues with delays before the name begins transfer on the sending registrar?

sometimes it is hours... but it says the queue can take up to 24h.

is this absolutely necessary? or fixable? I do not experience transfer in queues elsewhere. thanks!!

•••
Back