IT.COM

Duplicate content

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it duplicate content if there are two sites with same coded page info but different looks, like different text different colour and such?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
IMO, and experience, yes.

•••
•••
Not same content.
Then what exactly is “duplicate?” From your description it sounded like the same page with different css styles.
Spun content?
Run it through copyscape. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

•••
Actually, there are two types of content, one is duplicate content and another one is syndicate content. Duplicate content is something where the same type of content is copied from the different URL of the same website whereas syndicated content is copying the content from a different website with different URL's.

Hope you got the clarity:xf.smile:

•••
not exactly...bcoz google bot doesnt care about colour and text and size loo
but if you have same conent with two existing sites then..it will be duplicate

•••
It isn't end of the world just means strongest of the duplicated survives even an original content writer that has had content published first then duplicated by another with a more comprehensive site could end up same boat. The site won't be blocked for it just wont rank well..

Last edited:
•••
As per my view no same content should be there.It will leads towards black hat and site may get banned.

•••
It will leads towards black hat and site may get banned.

What exactly are your qualifications for saying that?

Unless its a scraper site, duplicate content isn't "black hat" and will not get you "banned."

•••
Yes! That considers as a duplicate content. It doesn't matter about the looks of the website

Last edited:
•••
Yes! That considers as a duplicate content. It doesn't matter about the looks of the website
Did you know this you could create a site I could copy it make it more relevant and have your site made first as duplicate? The site producing more relevant content to name and adding even more content more backlinks out ranking etc and you get a duplicate message. Not a practise by me at all but happens all the time with scrapers and seo etc just saying I could for drama.

Last edited:
•••
Back