NameSilo

Dropping + grabbing process

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey Guys,
I am interested in a domain that is going to expire soon. Whats the best way to have the edge on this process? Does NameWinner.com do a good job?

Or maybe you know another accurate site with the dates, and then I can register it elsewhere? Or the automated process will always beat me to it?

Sorry if I sound confused, because I am
Thanks for your time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the domain is pretty interesting, mind it can be for others as it is for you.

If so, it's a good idea to place some kind of backordering on it; if not, you can just leave it expire and then grab it: that's how I got one of my best domains, in which I thought someone else would be interested, but actually wasn't... :)

•••
Originally posted by Whisper
If the domain is pretty interesting, mind it can be for others as it is for you.

If so, it's a good idea to place some kind of backordering on it; if not, you can just leave it expire and then grab it: that's how I got one of my best domains, in which I thought someone else would be interested, but actually wasn't... :)
The reason I am worried is because a very big company in that niche is owning the .info TLD of that domain, so I am pretty sure they will do everything to get the .com

•••
Well, if so I would definitely place a backorder (even two!) with some recognised good service but, as I told, if more than one is interested the bidding can actually grow a lot.

Of course there's the chance you'll miss it; by the way, have you minded copyrights and such those things?

•••
Originally posted by Whisper
Well, if so I would definitely place a backorder (even two!) with some recognised good service but, as I told, if more than one is interested the bidding can actually grow a lot.

Of course there's the chance you'll miss it; by the way, have you minded copyrights and such those things?
Copyright infringement will not be an issue. The domain was acquired by that big company just to drive some niche traffic to their main site. It's not theircompany.com its more like nichesite.com. Unless I am forgetting something, I shouldn't get into trouble.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back