decent 17 year domain
definitely wanted to keep it
but forgot to renew....
it went to gd expird
sold 200

suprised by the price?
do u see it fetching more in future?
net is tough sell

maybe this is just good example how age influences bids...i say this full aware how and why dn age usually reflects dn quality too

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GD expired auctions are odd recently. People struggle to sell domains for even reg fee, but the moment they drop people are throwing money at them. Can still get some bargains, but have to be careful as lots of people bidding up the prices.

I personally wouldn't pay 200 for that domain if I wanted an easy flip, but if I was developing a site I might go for it.

•••
GD expired auctions are odd recently. People struggle to sell domains for even reg fee, but the moment they drop people are throwing money at them. Can still get some bargains, but have to be careful as lots of people bidding up the prices.

I personally wouldn't pay 200 for that domain if I wanted an easy flip, but if I was developing a site I might go for it.

whos bidding up expired auctions?

•••
whos bidding up expired auctions?

I don't think it's malicious. I just think more people are getting involved and the increased competition is pushing up prices.

•••
I don't think it's malicious. I just think more people are getting involved and the increased competition is pushing up prices.

ah ok sorry
for a moment I thought you were suggesting some domain resellers have interest bidding up (their own, etc) expired auctions. no one gains from higher prices there except gd in final sale fees.

cheers

•••
Care to share the domain?

Single word .net domains aren't a hard sell. Age along can't guarantee a high price, however.

•••

Single word .net domains aren't a hard sell. Age along can't guarantee a high price, however.

agreed. age is no guarantee. it is merely often/usually/in most cases something that goes along with quality.

the domain is in my top post..

needy....net

cheers

•••

It's needy dot net I think

•••
I need better glasses :-D

Hmm. The upside is that you can now write off the renewal fees as a business loss.

•••
People struggle to sell domains for even reg fee, but the moment they drop people are throwing money at them.

It's always been this way. Domain investors don't want to pay auction prices to their competition, but will gladly pay it to the auction platform.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back