IT.COM

question Dropcatch question #2

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dazzlenovak

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys. So, yeah, i am noob a beginner and very need your help with simple issue..
Recently i got a domain with Dropcatch so its with Namebright now. Em, what to do then?
I want to set it up with:
1. Hosting (I want to restore its old content from the web archive)
2. New Registrar (transfer out from Namebright to popular registrar like GoDaddy or NameCheap - or maybe this is useless and NB it's ok?)
So i want to make this website work well. I want to ask you for a small step by step guide.
On what to change nameservers? DNS?
Extra question: Do i need to go with Cloudflare?
P.s. i can't transfer out it for next 60 days for some reason..
Big plus in karma for help

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
P.s. i can't transfer out it for next 60 days for some reaso
Because is a ICANN rule
New reg. or transfer out ( after is done ) CAN'T be transfer out or CAN be transfer out after 60 day's
Most of TLD have this rule except few like .eu , .li etc..

•••
Use Cloudflare free package and then enter your hosting IP address in Cloudflare's DNS page.

•••
1. Hosting (I want to restore its old content from the web archive)

If you don't own the copy of your website's files, you might be able to restore some of the content from archive.org
(I assume it was your website - otherwise "restoring" it will probably be a copyright violation.)

Last edited:
•••
Use Cloudflare free package and then enter your hosting IP address in Cloudflare's DNS page.
Thanx mate, this is exactly what i need) So in Cloudflare i have so many stuff in DNS settings - do i need to delete something or just add "a" record with DNS ip adress?

•••
A Record points to IP
CNAME record for www points to yourdomain.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back