IT.COM

Dreamhost, informaniak, sav, cloudflare, cheaper .com reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
dreamhost, informaniak, sav, cloudflare

These are (among) registrars offering cheaper than $ 9 .com registrations.
Are they good? Any problems (customer service, with transfer out, renewals etc)?

Mostly curious about dreamhost.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dreamhost = used them in the past. I still have just a few names there.

No bulk management, so any DNS changes are going to be a pain. Renewal is very expensive, careful about that autorenew. Other than that had no issues with them. Edit: they used to have a 10 domains limit, unsure if that is still there or not.

Cloudflare = I'm not using it but people who are say there's not really support available, other than that they seem happy to.

Sav: Might have technical issues sometimes. Domains not transferring, etc. Overall I find them alright for what they are, a low cost registrar. I don't have expectations of 100%, perfect service.

Also they don't allow registration of dropped domains during the drop window. Support is slow but they tend to solve things.

The other one I don't know about.

Edit: I would use all 3 mentioned but I still hold my best names at Dynadot.

Last edited:
•••
Infomaniak is ace. Not your usual registrar but they run a tight ship and I use them a lot for 'local' clients.

Renewals fine, pushes fine, transfer 5 day window.

•••
Unfortunately, looks like I am getting some resistance from Dreamhost in obtaining auth codes for domains within grade period.

•••
cloudflare and porkbun.com ,if the domain name registered in cloudflare cannot be changed, you cannot change the DNS servername.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back