IT.COM

Downside To Affiliate Ppc?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
DOWNSIDE TO AFFILIATE PPC?

There are many threads on the plusses of $PC, but can anyone explain what risks exist, OTHER THAN the possibility that your are NOT paid appropriately. To explain what I mean, I provide this speculation, BUT I really want your input on the risks:

My domains now resolve to instructions on doily making. But after signing with an affiliate, they are referred to SCAM-DOMAIN.com (joke it is non-existant, but it pays the largest PPC rate!). Subsequently, SCAM-DOMAIN.com offices are raided, employees and owners arrested, and various suits filed including a class action suits. Could I be jailed or named in a lawsuit? In other words are there risks related to the activities of the domains that my domains are linked to?

Also, my domain Micosofthard.com (joke, it is now non-existent) resolves to a sale page of softhards (sales have been slow). But after signing with an affiliate, it instead resolves as a search engine for software programs of MS's biggest competitors. Am I now at risk of a WIPO filed by Bill and suit for loss of software sales?

As I said above, I don’t know, what I want is your input on the risks. TIA.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No one seems to have touched this thread yet, so I'll give it a go...

I've never heard of anything like this happening. Can it happen? I have no idea. If it did, that would suck, but like I said, it hasn't. I guess the best way to answer this question is to talk to a lawyer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back