IT.COM

information dot SHOP free domains - Turn OFF Auto Renew!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
Last year there were promos offering FREE dot SHOP domain names that are now due for renewal.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ge...-free-showcase-your-free-shop-domains.989535/

Be sure you have Auto-Renew turned OFF if you do not intend to keep your domain(s)!

The Moniker and DomainDiscount24 panels are the same.
https://wiki.moniker.com/index.php/Faq:howdeletedomain

If you want to delete a domain you can choose between the options "Delete immediately" and "Delete after grace period"

After you have selected the desired deletion mode, please scroll all the way down and click on Verify changes and then on Submit in order to save the settings.

Even if you have ALREADY received an invoice, you can still set it to delete, then they will cancel the invoice.

@Michael Ehrhardt - if you can open your free thread from last year and issue a warning there and post a link to this thread that would be super helpful : thanks :

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
shop's renew price is so high

•••
Yes the least expensive transfer/renew available looks to be PorkBun at $25.95

The invoice from DD24 was 37.50 Euro equals 44.30 US Dollar

Also last year there was a promo for some people at Name.com (FREESHOP promo) where the renewal is $29.99. My account didn't qualify so hopefully people are aware about auto-renew there as well.

•••
Virt.shop to renew or not..? Your thoughts please

•••
@Top10 - did you get any inquiries or offers in your free year? If not, IMO not worth risking $26 or more on. Had to look up "Virt" personally, maybe ask in the VR niche threads.

Another option is to not renew, wait for it to actually drop and see if you can catch it for $3.50 new reg : smile :

•••
Virt.shop to renew or not..? Your thoughts please
It is pretty decent name, we have virtual craze here, and it goes well with .shop - for 26 bucks, as much value as you can really get. If you let it drop, I am 99% sure another domainer will catch it - low chances that it will stay unregistered and you can get it back for $3.5 :)

•••
Just to be safe, deleted one of my dot shops using "Delete Immediately" and annoyingly it still shows up in whois. Was the only domain in my account at DD24, and it is no longer showing up there, so that must be the best they can do, was expecting it to be deleted from the registry though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back