Domain Empire

Dot LA is now the Los Angeles Exention

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Los Angeles is the world's first and only city to receive its own unique Internet address; .la.

A .la suffix is set to become the must-have web address for the 300,000 registered businesses and 10 million citizens of the world’s most exciting metropolis.

Cooler than .com and hotter than .us, a .la address lets people know not just who you are, but where you are!

With forecasts of up to 1 million .la users now is the time to register your .la name.

.la names cost just $50 a year, including a free ‘coming soon’ web page and free email forwarding. Hosting services, including multiple email addresses, are available from as little as $9.95 per month! Click here for details.

http://www.la/

Technically .la is/was the ccTld for the Lao People's Democratic Republic.

Maybe I wasn't so far off with my idea for Canada to share it's .ca addresses with California. ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
90210.la : $50.00/year Its avail!

•••
All the good ones I checked were already taken. :(

•••
Re: Dot LA is now the Los Angeles Exention

Originally posted by -RJ-
http://www.la/

Technically .la is/was the ccTld for the Lao People's Democratic Republic.

Maybe I wasn't so far off with my idea for Canada to share it's .ca addresses with California. ;)

Far off? I should say not ... in fact, you hit the nail on the head IMO. .CA for "California", to me, makes more sense than .LA for "Los Angeles".
Thanks for the info, RJ! :)

•••
where did the .la information come from, they launched this at the icann meetings in 2000.

they havent charged anything for renewing names, i own about 20, weekends.la, hoops.la thebeach.la? mine are at BR.

anyone else think they still own names even though they didnt renew.

•••
Egad. Since when does LA need it's own domain extension?

•••
This takes the cake...definately more rediculous than continental domains. LOL

I'm just glad they bought a country's ccTLD, and ICANN has no plans to make domains for all major cities! LMAO

.tv and .cc had a global market...and look how they've done.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back