Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Arriving at work on Thursday at Sibername:

giphy.gif

•••
And on into the night it goes...

mask-of-fu-manch-1932-myrna-loy.gif

Ay, Next Time You'll Read the CIRA Emails!

Faster! Faster! Faster, faster! Faster, faster!

Last edited:
•••
Great, now it looks like the slaves are rebelling and the entire Siber site is all screwed up.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Great, now it looks like the slaves are rebelling and the entire Siber site is all screwed up.

tenor.gif

Into dark places your mind goes:)
Was skimming through the pages. Am I correct to assume siber didn't pickup anything on the drop?:)

picked up mirror.ca today

Curious what sort of end use there might be for it? Did you get for pure investment?

It gave me an idea for a domain but I have to suggest it to DomainRecap because of his certain domain fetish:)

•••
Nice pick up. I believe that one had been listed on Uniregistry for a while.

yeah, just don't gaze into it or you might become smitten :)

•••
Am I correct to assume siber didn't pickup anything on the drop?:)

Yep, someone at Siber was sleeping on the time change/TBR system update this week.

•••
This is just a terrible TBR week, and other than watching to see where a few lower-end LLLs end up, I think I am just going to ignore the domains this time and double-down for next week.

No more looking into the abyss, and have that crap look back at me and potentially convince me to waste more money. This TBR list is bad, BAD, B-A-D and it's no wonder there is zero conversation about it.

Last edited:
•••
Hopefully next week will be more interesting :)

•••
Sedo is really starting to irritate me, as their domain sales lander hosting is about as stable as a 100-story tower made out of jello.

I have a lot of my domains linked there, but Sedo has consistent hosting issues virtually every day, and right now none of my domains resolve. Even when it's fixed, you get an extended Cloudflare DDoS test on every single load.

Either a totally dead link or 10-20 seconds of Cloudflare testing - that has to be great for sales, huh?

Last edited:
•••
Had the Cloudflare issue this morning when adding a name. Not fun

•••
I have noticed it too... thankfully I don’t have names listed there. A good portion of .ca’s listed for sale are freely available to register. Others are listings that the owner has changed but listing not corrected or removed. One has a asking price that even if you offer the asking price, they don’t respond and sedo doesn’t give a shit. Others have ludicrous prices for dogshit domains. And if you somehow make a deal, they take effing forever to complete a transaction. It is a total shit show over there...

•••
Part of it's due to Avast once again flagging Sedo nameservers as hosting URL Phishing pages, which locks them out from anyone using Avast (and likely AVG as well).

And as for Sedo taking literally forever to complete a transaction, I totally agree, and I also feel it has to do with cashflow and maintaining short-term loan interest. The longer you hold cash before paying out, the higher your short-term interest is, and when you're dealing with potentially millions of dollars, that can add up quick.

•••
I've only had a few sales at Sedo, but they did not seem slow to pay out to me. I mean not as fast as DAN or Epik, but I would say at least about the same as Afternic. It seemed like from when I first got notice of sale it was finished and in my account in maybe a week? One was a bit longer than that, but not two weeks. Is it sometimes much slower than that, or do people think that is unreasonably slow?

I had always assumed a bit of the delay was to be sure the payment was indeed valid, and the time to transfer and confirm transfer. When one sells at a registrar, they can do the transfer immediately, but I guess Epik are taking a chance when they pay out instantly.

Other registrar marketplaces, or at least some of them like Namecheap, show you the funds immediately but you can't use or withdraw them for a week.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
A week would be standard, but I have also had Sedo transactions drag on for weeks or even a month.

if there is any confusion or the transaction moves "out of the box" in any way, the lack of Registrar capabilities really comes back to bite Sedo in the ass.

Last edited:
•••
Hopefully next week will be more interesting :)

It couldn't be less interesting, as all I'm doing this week is tracking a few mid-line LLLs to see where they end up. I honestly can't even find even a semi-premium word/multi-word in the lot.

Other than the LLLs, it's just a pile of drek and I bet Siber is happy that this will be their first post-Daylight Savings TBR. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
I've decided to use Siber exclusively and take my chances with them.

Don't know why MyID just kinda sits wrong with me, you literally have to crawl up their butt to move out a domain or get them to do something.
I'm also happy knowing that WHC is the new owner of Siber and once everything is fully integrated we should have proper control panels all the way across the board.

•••
Amusing .CA drop of the day:

DicksPizza.ca

•••
Amusing .CA drop of the day:

DicksPizza.ca

However, it is an excellent example of where the plural is better than the singular. Although depending on how you look at it, it could be a possessive not a plural.

Last edited:
•••
All this pizza talk
Any opinions on this?

Picture0002.png

Have had this .ca for while with 18 offers but none at my magic 5k yet.

•••
All this pizza talk
Any opinions on this?

Thoughts:

Price is reasonable for any serious end-user, then again, I think that is a reasonable price for ANY end-user interested in ANY domain. I understand that may be difficult though as a small local business startup. That's where I'd offer this as a lease for $100/mo. Its shocking to me though that so-called start-up businesses are more hung up on the overall price and are willing to shell out thousands up front, but refuse to consider $100/month - on a business they don't even know if is going to survive a year.... But if you're a single store pizza place already running on another domain, and then want to expand to a second store with hopes of franchising or something, they should snap it up at $5K and be thrilled, assuming they are happy with that domain.

The domain, for me, I look at that and pronounce it PIE-ZA (like Liza). I guess that still works for pizza, especially maybe deep dish (more like a pie?) And if that's what you were going for, then maybe you should register PieZa.ca too. With the radio test, if you hear PIE-ZA, how would you instinctively spell it, PIZA or PIEZA ? If you're going for some alternate spelling of pizza pronounced the same way that is intuitive, maybe go for PetesZa.ca ?? Again though, that's going to fail the radio test too. Granted, PIZA is going to be visually easier to remember. But with the good old radio test, its confusing and will need to be spelled out. Note that only Pieza.ca is actually available though.

As for your 18 inquiries, I suspect many are just domainers looking for bargains on pronounceable LLLLs, and obviously none of them are going to bite at $5K. It those were 18 end-users, you'd probably have already sold it.

Last edited:
•••
Thoughts:

Price is reasonable for any serious end-user, then again, I think that is a reasonable price for ANY end-user interested in ANY domain. I understand that may be difficult though as a small local business startup. That's where I'd offer this as a lease for $100/mo. Its shocking to me though that so-called start-up businesses are more hung up on the overall price and are willing to shell out thousands up front, but refuse to consider $100/month - on a business they don't even know if is going to survive a year.... But if you're a single store pizza place already running on another domain, and then want to expand to a second store with hopes of franchising or something, they should snap it up at $5K and be thrilled, assuming they are happy with that domain.

The domain, for me, I look at that and pronounce it PIE-ZA (like Liza). I guess that still works for pizza, especially maybe deep dish (more like a pie?) And if that's what you were going for, then maybe you should register PieZa.ca too. With the radio test, if you hear PIE-ZA, how would you instinctively spell it, PIZA or PIEZA ? If you're going for some alternate spelling of pizza pronounced the same way that is intuitive, maybe go for PetesZa.ca ?? Again though, that's going to fail the radio test too. Granted, PIZA is going to be visually easier to remember. But with the good old radio test, its confusing and will need to be spelled out. Note that only Pieza.ca is actually available though.

As for your 18 inquiries, I suspect many are just domainers looking for bargains on pronounceable LLLLs, and obviously none of them are going to bite at $5K. It those were 18 end-users, you'd probably have already sold it.

All good points

When I registered it I was thinking more like a Piza Pizza.
Piece of Pizza

As in a slice of Pizza or Pizza by the slice.

So for a lunch truck or something specializing in Pizza by the slice.

•••
Nothing good today? Seems quiet lol

•••
I would like to showcase a few of my .ca names. I welcome any feedback.

Thank you.

e-scoot.ca

NationalCapitalRegion.ca - this is the official designation for Ottawa-Gatineau

potparadise.ca

bigair.ca 'Big Air ' is an Olympic sport. Canada won the gold at the last winter Olympics. It is also the name of an international extreme skiing sport.

christjesus.ca

hardseltzer.ca

TokyoGames.ca

wanchain.ca

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back