Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
To Be Released (TBR) Weekly .CA Picks for April 22

The .CA numbers did fall a bit this week, and while we did see the number of 3-letter domains literally drop off the table, the selection of 1-word domains remained relatively stable. There are quite a few premiums featured on our weekly Top Picks, with the cream of the crop being...

Premium Words for Sale or Rent!

•••
It's tough to guess the top pick, as the server order is royally screwed some days, but I'll stick with:

PUSH.ca

And talk about a top-heavy list with zero LLLs - you miss out on the Top 10 words and you're literally begging for spare change.

•••
Not that anyone cares...

But we're off!

Ski_Cross_Start_Gate_Opening.JPG

•••
Here's hoping MyID doesn't get Push, Pecan, or Ginger.

•••
I forgot to check just before cutoff, but I'm crossing my fingers that the $20 bid I put in for PUSH.ca a few days ago is still in the lead (y)

•••
I forgot to check just before cutoff, but I'm crossing my fingers that the $20 bid I put in for PUSH.ca a few days ago is still in the lead (y)

There's always a chance...

•••
That's my motto.

And I LOVED your Montreal bar comparison for Purolator.ca and Sega.ca LOL

•••
That's my motto.

And I LOVED your Montreal bar comparison for Purolator.ca and Sega.ca LOL

Thanks, and I initially thought no one picked Purolator.ca, but it looks like the CIRA locked it for the company. I guess being a Crown Corporation has its benefits, huh?

Last edited:
•••
I’m not bidding this week but I’d love to have Push.ca.

•••
To Be Released (TBR) .CA Results & Leftovers for April 22

The TBR numbers decreased slightly this week, and with no LLLs, it was a very top-heavy list with the majority of the premiums being 1-word domains. A selection of the more notable Top 10 Picks included...

It's Hand-Register Heaven!

•••
Didn't see truckdriverjobs.ca on the list. If you're on here PM me for an offer.

•••
Thanks, and I initially thought no one picked Purolator.ca, but it looks like the CIRA locked it for the company. I guess being a Crown Corporation has its benefits, huh?

I noticed some movement on it last week. It was showing as being registered at Webnames, then it changed to some other registrar (forgot to make a note of which one) and now it's locked. Wonder who made that happen

•••
I noticed some movement on it last week. It was showing as being registered at Webnames, then it changed to some other registrar (forgot to make a note of which one) and now it's locked. Wonder who made that happen

The CIRA obviously, although being a Canadian-owned entity like Purolator doesn't hurt.

I know of other companies who were in a similar situation and no one did squat for them.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, everyone keeps talking about the corona virus and how it's affecting the economy, but to be honest, I've never been busier fielding offers, negotiating, finding mystery BIN sales in my email box, etc.

Just yesterday, I got 7 offers right in a row from 9AM to 11AM, a few of which had a realistic dollar amount. I have never had that happen before. I've been in negotiations on a couple that I'm awaiting replies and I've sold a few domains over the past month.

Then this morning I wake up, pick up my phone and am greeted with to a pair of "Congratulations" emails that offers/prices had been accepted and the money received. Both 3-figures, both .CA, one a lower number that was a BIN domain that was just sitting there and the other quite a bit higher that was a negotiation where the buyer accepted my last offer.

Again, nothing life changing, but instead another confirmation that I seem to be on the right path in upgrading my domains, and that there still seems to be buyers out there during a pandemic.

I have a personal theory that with all this extra time on their hands, free from the everyday stresses that can consume them, some business/startup owners are working harder on the "development" side and looking to position their businesses once things resume. One part of this is their online presence and branding.

On another note, I also did an experiment on GD, where the $20 lowballs were getting waaaaaay out of hand, so I decided to just ignore them all.

I get a $20 (cough) offer, I just laugh, delete it, and get back to work. Done.

Then not even a day later I get a couple of substantial re-offers to those $20 testers, which I then went into negotiations on, one of which paid off with the above sale. This tactic not only saved me a lot of time and stress constantly replying to $20 knotheads playing on their parent's iPhones, it also seemed to automatically weed out the pretenders.

If someone wants to buy your domain (as opposed to just trolling with couch-change) they will reply back. I firmly believe that now, and I will no longer suffer $20 fools gladly.

On yet another note, the "TBR List Paid Subscription" model is definite go, I just need to determine when to start (probably not during a pandemic) but I posted a note on the TBR list and got several inquiries and new members, so if anyone wants to get in on the $40 / 6 months early bird offer, let me know ASAP.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, everyone keeps talking about the corona virus and how it's affecting the economy, but to be honest, I've never been busier fielding offers, negotiating, finding mystery BIN sales in my email box, etc.

Just yesterday, I got 7 offers right in a row from 9AM to 11AM, a few of which had a realistic dollar amount. I have never had that happen before. I've been in negotiations on a couple that I'm awaiting replies and I've sold a few domains over the past month.

Then this morning I wake up, pick up my phone and am greeted with to a pair of "Congratulations" emails that offers/prices had been accepted and the money received. Both 3-figures, both .CA, one a lower number that was a BIN domain that was just sitting there and the other quite a bit higher that was a negotiation where the buyer accepted my last offer.

Again, nothing life changing, but instead another confirmation that I seem to be on the right path in upgrading my domains, and that there still seems to be buyers out there during a pandemic.

I have a personal theory that with all this extra time on their hands, free from the everyday stresses that can consume them, some business/startup owners are working harder on the "development" side and looking to position their businesses once things resume. One part of this is their online presence and branding.

On another note, I also did an experiment on GD, where the $20 lowballs were getting waaaaaay out of hand, so I decided to just ignore them all.

I get a $20 (cough) offer, I just laugh, delete it, and get back to work. Done.

Then not even a day later I get a couple of substantial re-offers to those $20 testers, which I then went into negotiations on, one of which paid off with the above sale. This tactic not only saved me a lot of time and stress constantly replying to $20 knotheads playing on their parent's iPhones, it also seemed to automatically weed out the pretenders.

If someone wants to buy your domain (as opposed to just trolling with couch-change) they will reply back. I firmly believe that now, and I will no longer suffer $20 fools gladly.

On yet another note, the "TBR List Paid Subscription" model is definite go, I just need to determine when to start (probably not during a pandemic) but I posted a note on the TBR list and got several inquiries and new members, so if anyone wants to get in on the $40 / 6 months early bird offer, let me know ASAP.

Which platform are you getting most of your sales from

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
anyone have issues with sibername when trying to transfer out?
i could not find an auth code in my dashboard so i requested one. i got an email saying that since the name has been with them for less than a year i have to pay them $29.95 for services provided during the past year. there were no services, it was just sitting there. no $29.95,no auth code...Sorry but this domain was registered less than a year ago. We will need the setup fee of the services we provided before doing that; The cost would be $29.95
Your other alternative s to keep your domain name with us and use the other party information for their services like their DNS service.
Also did you not find it useful t build your website with our website builder?
Shall you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Last edited:
•••
anyone have issues with sibername when trying to transfer out?
i could not find an auth code in my dashboard so i requested one. i got an email saying that since the name has been with them for less than a year i have to pay them $29.95 for services provided during the past year. there were no services, it was just sitting there. no $29.95,no auth code...Sorry but this domain was registered less than a year ago. We will need the setup fee of the services we provided before doing that; The cost would be $29.95
Your other alternative s to keep your domain name with us and use the other party information for their services like their DNS service.
Also did you not find it useful t build your website with our website builder?
Shall you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

-
they say because i got the name on a promo i'm not getting away without paying them some more money. now they are saying if i give them $18.95CAD for a renewal fee they will give me an auth code.

•••
Wow, sounds pretty aggressive. I assume it's not a .CA? Because I've never had problems transferring out .CA's just prior to renewal.

Was there any fine print in the promo?

•••
Wow, sounds pretty aggressive. I assume it's not a .CA? Because I've never had problems transferring out .CA's just prior to renewal.

Was there any fine print in the promo?
who reads the fine print? yes it is a .ca. reminds me of doteasy

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like Siber got taken over by MyID.

I'd request the auth code thrugh the CIRA and state that Siber refuses to let it go without paying $30 for the transfer code, which is against the rules.

It's what a lot of people have to do with MyID, who hold your domain in a death grip, hoping that at some point you'll either forget to renew it or die, and then it goes into their marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back