Dynadot

registries Donuts Renewal Rate Drops To 85.3% So Far – Soon To Be A Lot Lower

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Donuts now says:

Up to and including Saturday, March 21, 6,352 Donuts domains have exited the auto-renew grace period and hence their final renewal status is definitively known. These names are from .BIKE, .CLOTHING, .GURU, .HOLDINGS, .PLUMBING, .SINGLES and .VENTURES (the first batch of TLDs we launched). Two thirds of these names were registered after the Sunrise period for those TLDs. The renewal rate on these 6,352 names is 85.3%.​
Donuts will add to this report tomorrow a further 22,910 domains for a total of 29,262:
Each day (or few days) we’ll provide updated information on renewals. We’ll also report on the status of deleted names, in today’s case the 14.7% of names that were not renewed. We believe most of those names will be re-registered by another party within the next 35 days. Keep in mind that the renewal rate on a full year’s worth of these seven TLDs won’t be known until early 2016. For now we’re reporting on registrations made during the first few weeks of business.
Tomorrow we add 22,910 more names to the cumulative total. After they’re added the proportion of Sunrise names in the cumulative total will be very small. We expect the renewal rate on tomorrow’s cumulative total to be in the mid seventies.
After the report I did I thought that a 50% renewal rate will a great result for .guru. We'll wait and see. Of course I was talking about the complete 2014 zone file and not just sunrise and EAP and even General Availability day.
Full Article: http://onlinedomain.com/2015/03/23/...-drops-to-85-3-so-far-soon-to-be-a-lot-lower/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back