Dynadot

Don't use 2 Checkout if you know what's good for you!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
2 Checkout is a third party credit card processor. Do not use them if you want any customer service. I've used them for a year and they have slowly went downhill to the point where if there was something I could do by contacting the BBB or somewhere else, I would.

First - They have a forum and CONSISTENTLY do not answer ANY questions and then delete the ones that are negative about them in any way. I asked why payment was being sent late and guess what, the entire thread was dleeted.

Second - You call them and NOBODY will answer, they say they will call you back and then don't or they just hang up on you.

Third - They pay late. If you are supposed to be paid on a Monday, they have no problem paying you on Friday.

Fourth - They state 'We will have a debit card available in August or we will have a multi-currency feature available in August" and then never do.

When asked about these things in their forum (the only way to contact them and it doesn't work), there will be a post stating "We will make these features available when we are ready." No explanation to as why the timeframe was not met or when they expect these features to be available.

If you are looking for a credit card processor, believe me, DO NOT use 2 checkout unless you are a glutton for punishment!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had some problems with 2checkout also, no major problems, but well I'm guilty of still using them. It seems like ever scince they updated their tos and changed providers everything has been going all down hill with them. I think the only real safe way to go is with a real merchant account.

By the way I moved your post to the online business forum incase you didn't notice. It was just created today and needed a post it in it. :)

•••
2CHECKOUT IS TERRIBLE!!!

They are a perfect example of how not to run a business and are absolutely terrible. I would state what the problems are but the list is FAR TOO LONG. DO NOT, if you know what is good for you, use them. My guess is that within a year they will be out of business......Paysystems pays right on time, has great customer service and as soon as our web site is coded we will no longer use 2Checkout!!! Maybe if they answered the phone, their emails or questions on their forum I would consider staying but they have lost $8,000-$12,000 a month because of their non-existent service

•••
I have had some good experience with WorldPay WorldPay.com

•••
2chekcout has actually been good lately and I've seen numerous complaints about paysystems recently. Does WorldPay provide the same type of service as paysystems and 2checkout ?

•••
Ever get this strange feeling that you're actually talking to people who are being paid by the company they reccomend? =P

•••
thank you for your warning. I'm currently looking into 3rd party payment processing services. What would you suggest as an alternative to 2checkout.com? You are about the third person i've seen complain about them in the last 2 days.

•••
Originally posted by pistol
Ever get this strange feeling that you're actually talking to people who are being paid by the company they reccomend? =P
D-:

LOL Yepp! I Have had that strange feeling before.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back