Dynadot

discuss Don't be lazy! Get your domain exposed! It's BUSINESS not HOBBY!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello guys..

I have been scrolling through appraisals for the past few weeks and appraising a number of domain names. A common problem I see there is that many of the domain name investors are not exposing their domain names to proper buyers.

Now how do you do that and what is the need?

NEED

The need of exposing or getting your domain name in front of a number of potential buyers is that you never know who might end up buying your domain name. Right? If you have certain buyers in mind and are only going for outbound, well and good. If not, why leave your domain name just hanging around and relaxing. Get it on the platforms where buyers go to find, hunt and buy domain names. Get it exposed. Get it in front of their eyes.

I don't think you are involved in this business for HOBBY. Even if you are, why not do it properly. Any business requires HARD WORK and efforts and that's what I am telling you to do. Instead of lazying around, park your domain names with platform.

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR NAMES EXPOSED?

Well, the best way is to place it where there is already a buyer traffic. Platforms like Sedo, Afternic, brandbucket(for brandables) and 'n' number of others are just lying there. They form a symbiotic community. Park your domains. That will help you get exposed to buyers, probably small revenue from traffic and parking adverts and will even provide you with an insight if the domain has existing traffic on it.

There have been times when I have flipped certain names and then got to know that it had some traffic and could have sold for a lot more.

A lot of crypto domain investors put forth a query as to what should they price and how will the buyer approach them. If it's a trend, you need to be active to catch it. Unless you give your name a proper exposure, just sitting and waiting to get lucky might not work.

So, take small steps. Go for SMART work. Park your domains. Put a BUY NOW with Make OFFER. Wait for buyers. You never know what someone might be looking for.

PLAY IT SMART is what I wish to convey!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for sharing this perspective. Certainly domains should be taken more seriously as their utility is immense given that they are the foundational piece to accessing global markets and customers.

•••
Love it, needed this information thanks!! I was actually just checking out the Sedo parking service.

Some of the my questions about parking, what's a good service for beginners and people with a low volume of domains?

Last edited:
•••
Guess I'm lazy. Sedo asked me to print and sign then scan some document, along with ID and resident proof. I've been reluctant to do that.
On afternic and undeveloped for now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back