IT.COM

DomainZaar vs. GecoParking & Other Scripts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Has anybody used any of these parking scripts? Both sites look like several years without update.

There is also DomainTrader, but much more expensive.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Use the search forums link at top of page to search domainzaar. 18 other threads on this including very recent ones. You are right about those product sale pages though they do look like they were written years ago and forgotten about.

•••
It may look like 18, but the search lists the post, not threads and many are just "50% Off Domain Parking Script!"

I found no information there and I cannot ask anything in locked threads.

•••
Ahh sorry. For what it is worth, I will give my own opinion.

I have looked at domainzaar myself many times and always been tempted put always been put off by how easy it all sounds. The perpetual 50% off for today only creating the "urgency" of the purchase doesn't help either because it still leaves the price just outside my "oh well it was a worth a try" range.

gecoparking looks better than when I last looked at it. They seem to have spent time it on recently but its price is also not throwaway plus unfortunately there seems to be xml errors on their demo sites. I am sure easily fixed but doesn't really inspire.

Bottom line. The parking pages of both look better than most other parking pages you see but neither has convinced me to spend money.

edit: I see gecoparking does have a 'live test'. I may give that a try when they fix the xml issue

•••
geco: Is the version 1.5 not from 2008?

•••
Could be. But what I meant was that the site selling it appears to have had a facelift.

•••
•••
Ahh sorry. For what it is worth, I will give my own opinion.

I have looked at domainzaar myself many times and always been tempted put always been put off by how easy it all sounds.

I've been using DomainZaar for awhile (few months) and it really is quite easy to use. I'm using it mainly with google adsense but it has amazon as another template option. It's fairly easy to add pages to hundreds of domains at once. I have about 250 or so on there at the moment. The techsupport is quite good, I've emailed them a couple of times and they got right back to me with helpful information. I'm new to this forum so not sure if I'm supposed to link to any of my own sites but tempted to show you one so you can see one of the templates on a live site. Can you PM me to get a URL? Is that allowed on here?

•••
My 2 cents: I got it three months ago and went "all in" on my efforts. Tech support was excellent, and some parts of it were great, but a lot of buggy things that you have to work around. I took copious notes, and did my best. I put in about 300 hours or more on the project with about 300 domains. I got a separate hosting for it (paid for three years in advance).

My results after three months is a total of $55.00 for the 300 domains. So, if the software was free, and I didnt put out three years of hosting (my stupid error), I figure my time was reimbursed at, what? 18 cents per hour?!

Personally, I would have been WAY ahead flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Ten years ago this would have been great - no doubt. In 2016? :'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back