IT.COM

DOMAINX 2019 Live Auction: Very Bad Experience, Unhonest Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
I want to share you the following bad issue regarding the DOMAINX 2019 Live Auction
My domain name DownloadGames.in has selected for the auction, and sold for $950.
The winner is the auctioneer himself.
I have contacted Domainx regarding the transaction, but got the following message:
(Buyer is non-responsive and seems like non-cooperative as well)
I have replied that the buyer is the auctioneer, but they replied that he is not.
When I have checked their Facebook page I discovered that they deleted the auction video from their page immediately after my message.
Luckily, I have downloaded it before as a reference.
Here is the auction video link (the auction for my domain in the last 12 minutes of the video)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes buyer was Autioneer himself but
Very strange he replied he is not.
That's why i have not submit my domains.

•••
Gentlemen with regret, it was communicated to the sellers and publicly listed on our website as well that due to reason listed below, certain/most auctions stand VOID:

Reason: BID PRICE JACKING BY 1 PARTICULAR BIDDER!

Threatening and arm twisting in private/public will not help.

We have no shame in admitting that bid jacking occurred and we could not stop it as the bidder seemed genuine. It was our first attempt, and we are in learning phase. Going forward, we shall try to seek services of an online auction platform so that such nuisances doesnt arise.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
•••
Oh my god. It is disappointing to see most auctions stand VOID.

•••
Ohhhh !
Very disappointing. Auction sponsors moved back. :(

•••
They will definitely perfect their system with time, but patience to wait for that time is another story.

•••
That's a bad start if the organizer won the name and looks to have backed off the deal then maybe it was shill bidding!, and looks like some names where not auctioned as the list had around 27 names but i can see 24 names. Not sure what happened to the other names at NO RESERVE

•••
Experience shows we need to be patience till will get all that transpired before reaching any conclusion. JMO

•••
Experience shows we need to be patience till will get all that transpired before reaching any conclusion. JMO

Exactly i didn't conclude but was just kind of inquiring.

But from the site i think my question stands because i see a list of 24 names not 27 names that i saw here before unless.

Thanks

•••
Exactly i didn't conclude but was just kind of inquiring.

But from the site i think my question stands because i see a list of 24 names not 27 names that i saw here before unless.

Thanks
Okay

•••
When they have posted the link of the sold domains before, there were 24 names, so I have asked them about my domain why it is not in the list. They replied that they have listed only the names which already paid and the transaction completed.
Just now they have changed the situation of the majority of the names to Auction void. And they included my domain to the list.
https://www.domainx/2019/india/#auction

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It will help if organizers of the auction in this forum help to clarify any grey areas.

•••
Hi All,

I am Ankit Puri and I was the bidder thats being referred by @Domainx @Soofi ( Mnmeet Pal Singh ) I am attaching some screenshots of emails being sent by Domain X to me with the price and will be uploading some more shortly. Also I am uploading the who.is data records of several domain names that are property of Domain X or the people who are representing Domain X indirectly. Very strange to say but ICAN also do not have any data for them and Mr. Manmeet Pal Singh used to work in ICAAN and head of ICCAN is friend of Manmeet. I have tons of domains but not any chance got the error for no records ever. I made payments to Domain X the very same moment that is shown in the above video where its being said by Manmeet pointing that " Ankit you will be billed again" which clearly show that I was billed in break taken in auction.

Attached along are some screen shots.
Domain X Bill.png

Kindly let me know if I backed out under these circumstances what wrong I did.

Attachments

• bookers.in.png
    bookers.in.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 106
  • bookers.in 1.png
    bookers.in 1.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 101
  • lim.in.png
    lim.in.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 118
  • lim.in1.png
    lim.in1.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 111
  • nko.in.png
    nko.in.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 106
  • nko.in1.png
    nko.in1.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 105
•••
@igfx Thanks for advice and payment was made by card and it was also told that further payment will also be made by card for which I was charged approx $500 extra for DAN FEE. I really appreciate your unbiased comment and any legal action that needs to taken will be taken care of by my corporate lawyers in states as I was representing a US corporation

•••
@igfx Thanks for advice and payment was made by card and it was also told that further payment will also be made by card for which I was charged approx $500 extra for DAN FEE. I really appreciate your unbiased comment and any legal action that needs to taken will be taken care of by my corporate lawyers in states as I was representing a US corporation

— Comments Redracted —

Last edited:
•••
a lot of respectable people in the industry who shrill bid as much as $19k for a domain with $20k-$25k

Respectable? The same scumbags on other platforms play this price discovery game. Bidding up just below the reserve is a game.

•••
I honestly can't speak for anyone or take sides in this matter. In my humble opionion, I did not find the auction professionally staged. If the winning bidder is defaulting, decides to evade the trasaction, or is unable to complete the transaction, the 2nd Top bidder should be announced as the auction winner and he would have to pay for the domains. I noticed the first few auctions with reserve there were a lot of respectable people in the industry who shrill bid as much as $19k for a domain with $20k-$25k reserve. In my opinion, the lack of professionalism in the auction cost the event this bad repute. In all reserve auctions, the last bids ended at 90-95% mark. IMHO, these were fake bids and the respectable event management should take full responsibility for taking the joke too far. If someone is serious about shelling out 19k dollars, my question is why can't he/she spend that extra 1k to acquire that domain? Question2 - If someone is willing to spend upto $19k for a domain, why are the all silent on auctions that have no-reserve that did not even cross go upto $500? Respectfully, it was unprofessional as an live-auction conductor to call up someone half-way over phone to ask if they willing to place penny bids, when people who a few minutes placed bids as much over 20k were sitting right before the event host. I have one last remark: The owners are from the same country, the sellers are from the same country, the brokers are from the same country. But, insisted on using a dutch-based escrow for some reasons. The management could have avoided auction with USD like Chinese markets, took the bidders cash in INR and post results to media in USD. Simply put, it lacked some discipline but people make mistakes and we all have to learn from mistakes. But, I will not blame someone being politicially incorrect as a good reason for anyone to use it to personal advantages. Trading insults will not only affect your personal repute, but also destory relations far and wide. This is my opinion as for as now. I am ignorant like everyone else on all financial matters related to the said parties and only putting my views as a spectator. I hope both parties come in agreeement with terms and iron these minor issues out. PEACE OUT.
@igfx I appreciate you bringing up all these matters in lime light and just to add on the second highest bidder for hatx.com was no other than one of the panelist being introduced on stage as with Sea, Manpreet, and few more. After I won the bid he told me that he wanted to make HATX.com his brand and then I see no reason for him to back out when he is getting his desired so called BRAND name at his price. I will uploading a screenshot of payments made by me which went through successfully and I was billed a total of $11375 wherein they sent me a total bill of $9125. As far as your suggestion of sorting this out I was more than happy doing that and was willing to make payment for most of the domains today after talking to Gaurav. In meantime I got know about the thread thats being posted for me with the kind words. I only asked Gaurav that if Manmeet can apologize for putting across this post in refrence to me as thats not true it will be over however in turn I got a answer stating that he had to do this to save his reputation ( as if we have none) . If he has such a ego I have much more ego. Henceforth I had to start a new thread for the same. I WAS MAKING PAYMENT TODAY AFTERNOON WHEN GAURAV HAD A CONVERSATION WITH ME BUT GOT TO KNOW ABOUT MY APPRAISAL ON NAMEPROS DUE TO WHICH I STOPPED TILL MANMEET APOLOGIZE PUBLICLY FOR DECEPTIVE PIECE OF INFORMATION POINTING ME. HE WAS ADAMANT FOR NOT DOING THAT DUE TO WHICH THIS ALL CAME TO PLAY.

PS: CALL RECORDINGS WITH GAURAV ARE WITH ME FOR ENTIRE CONVERSATION

•••
I am out of this.

Last edited:
•••
Respectable? The same scumbags on other platforms play this price discovery game. Bidding up just below the reserve is a game.
ARE YOU SAYING THAT $19000 WAS A FAKE BID?

•••
ARE YOU SAYING THAT $19000 WAS A FAKE BID?

Did I state that? Nope. I stand by what I said. Its a common game, and seems quite frequent.

With respect to the auction above, I did not spend more than 15 minutes reading the list, it was boring so did not go back or read further or watch it close. Now this post of issues with the Auction. Does not surprise me.

Now, I read this nonsense and reminds of other problem situations. There are well healed self indulgent people who have lots of cash to play this game all the time of bidding up just below the reserve. Its a game. Fake? No, didnt say that. “Price discovery”, look it up.

•••
I tried to watch this video, was very hard to follow, is the auctioneer bidding on domains while they are in auction for themselves?

I would say use namejet as they do with namescon to try, and attempt to weed out some bad characters.

•••
I am not going to get into MUD-SLINGING match with a pig aka @Ankit Puri who attacked me on my personal life without knowing anything about me, but for the record, if he's sooo honest, he should answer these questions;

1. Why did he bid in the auction, in the first place, if he had no money to complete the deal? Why hasnt he paid for the domain names he won in the auction?
2. Why was his initial payment marked as fraudulent and canceled by DAN.com?
3. We requested Ankit Puri to pay in INR using local payment methods (NEFT/IMPS/BANKWIRE) but he insisted on using International payment method which required us to go through DAN ESCROW to save ourselves. Why did he use a fraudulent Bank Card & ID Card of someone else, named CHARLES DEY PRINCE (ready to publish those documents as well if allowed here)??
4. Why did he kept saying he has no money in India or Indian payment methods, and will only use above person's payment card?
5. Why has he backed out of (direct) auction deals when domain owners/sellers reached out to him to complete the deal as we made his details public to sellers and requested them to connect with him directly waiving all our brokerage costs?
6. Why did he agree to purchase DownloadGames.in at higher cost offline in the presence of multiple people (team & participants) and later backed out at his convenience?

NBAH.com & NKO.in was mine and everyone who were present in auction hall knew that those were my names as I had discussed about them in one of the examples during domain name discussions speech I gave before the auction.

The auction list was selected by DOMAINX Auction Panel to be listed at NO RESERVE Auction. I acquired NBAH from dropcatch.com auction for $285 and NKO.in for $250+ in a private transaction but agreed to list them at NO RESERVE Auction to improve the quality of auction names. If they had ended at lower than those prices, I would have bore losses as well. Also, where in the rulebook does it state that organiser or volunteers from the team aren't allowed to list their names for the auction?

All in all, I never wanted to respond to this gentleman (Ankit Puri) because he has to earn some reputation before he starts throwing insults at old members, but I have to come back to respond just because he could not afford to pay for the names won in the auction and he just doesn't stop from stooping to lowest level of tricks by attacking on my personal life which he has zero idea about, with false and baseless accusations.

Kindly ask Ankit Puri for the proof of auction payments before levelling any accusations on DomainX going forward.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back