NameSilo

DomainSponsor & GoDaddy ... simple question I think

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MCDomains

DomainSeeking.comVIP Member
Impact
Our system will automatically detect the individual referring domain. For this to work, you must redirect in a frame or mask. Most registrars have the option of a framed redirect (some registrars such as GoDaddy refer to it as masking).

To Redirect your domains, go to your registrar administration panel and forward them as a “frame” or “mask” to this url:
http://searchportal.information.com/?a_id=xxxxxxx&domainname=referer_detect

I'm at my GoDaddy Forwarding page ... I see Forward To: ... then Mask Title, Mask Description Metatags, Mask Keyword Metatags...

I don't want to have to manually change ever domain (manually forward is an option i'd have to change that "referer_detect" to the actually domain on EVERY one) ..

How do I do it?
Someone has to know the answer. THANKS!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Use "Bulk Edit" option - the big blue button on the top left of your Manage Domains control panel.

•••
rythm said:
Use "Bulk Edit" option - the big blue button on the top left of your Manage Domains control panel.

yeah, I know how to do that... just don't know how to do the "masking" part the DS wants.

•••
Case 1 --> When you use "mask" or "frame" forwarding, you do not need to replace the "referer_detect" with your domain name. DS system will be able to detect the domain name.

Case 2 --> When you use "standard" forwarding, then you'll need to replace the "referer_detect" with your domain name.

For Case 1, you can do the forwarding setting for all your domains in one go, just select "Bulk Edit", choose the domains, then click on the "Manage Forwarding".

Btw, using DS Proredirect.com service is a better alternative to Godaddy forwarding, imho.

•••
rythm said:
Case 1 --> When you use "mask" or "frame" forwarding, you do not need to replace the "referer_detect" with your domain name. DS system will be able to detect the domain name.

Case 2 --> When you use "standard" forwarding, then you'll need to replace the "referer_detect" with your domain name.

For Case 1, you can do the forwarding setting for all your domains in one go, just select "Bulk Edit", choose the domains, then click on the "Manage Forwarding".

Btw, using DS Proredirect.com service is a better alternative to Godaddy forwarding, imho.

Yup, my question is how to do I setup Case 1? I know how to bulk edit & setup stardard forwarding.

•••
MCDomains said:
Yup, my question is how to do I setup Case 1? I know how to bulk edit & setup stardard forwarding.
Select the "Mask Domain" checkbox, it'll be mask forwarding. Uncheck it, it'll be standard forwarding.

•••
rythm said:
Select the "Mask Domain" checkbox, it'll be mask forwarding. Uncheck it, it'll be standard forwarding.

Thanks for the help, all set now. I was under the impression I had to include mask title and that other crap if I checked the mask box. Rep added!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back