NameSilo

Domains with .US extension

Labeled as question in ccTLD Discussion started by singhhooda, Apr 13, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. singhhooda

singhhooda Established Member

Hi all of you,

Please pardon me if my question is not formed properly as this is my first post for discussion with respect to domain industry.

I hope you will help me in understanding whether a non U.S citizen or a person having no valid U.S identity can buy .US domains...

Based on my research, I think it's not acceptable, but I just want to be sure.

Similar to this, for .uk, .au, we need to have a valid address?

There are many experts here and I am sure they can add some valuable comments.

Thanks in advance.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Member Services, NamePros Member Services PRO Gold Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

Here's the general restriction on .us:
    I hope that helps,

3. stub

stub Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Eric. That didn't resolve for me. at least.

4. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Member Services, NamePros Member Services PRO Gold Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

Fixed ;)

5. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2018 VIP

That does not prevent you from buying it. I own a few .us and can easily register them via a few major registrars. I think the problem may be if anyone ever challenges you for it. Mine are no big deal and only registered to complete a set. They have very little value to anyone and if challenged I would just let them go.

So to answer your question... Yes you can register them... Holding on to them can be tricky though.

6. singhhooda

singhhooda Established Member

Thanks for your valuable reply. Is the restriction same for .co.uk and .com.au to be the native citizens?

7. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!