IT.COM

advice Domains for Startups #2: Pay for a domain over time using a domain name escrow service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
One of the roadblocks that I’ve seen many startup founders struggle with is how to get together the funds for a domain name they really want, but can’t quite afford at their current stage. A few months ago a founder that I know reached-out to me about a domain name they wanted to buy, they budget was $10,000 but the seller wanted $60,000. After going back and forth they got them down to $35,000…but the problem was the most they could spend was still $10,000.
It’s important to note here that not all Escrow services are created equal. Becoming a licensed escrow service, and being licensed in where you are doing business is critical to making sure you are actually getting the safety and security that comes with an Escrow service...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back