Dynadot

question Domains beginning with v

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yasin.ismail

Established Member
Impact
Is there any value in a one word dot com domain if it begins with v (where v could stand for virtual)?
I’ve looked up a few of these types of domains and GoDaddy/Estibot don’t value them very highly. Is this something to invest in for the future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dont let the machine think for you;

V can stand for many things.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
10% of top-twenty richest companies in the world use the letter V as their first character on their name.. if that counts for anything.

And for both companies, the letter V covers both a brandable solution and generic term.

As for investing, these valuators use broader spectrum of historical factors (patterns, usage etc) rather than just a couple big shot names that stand out. But as Samer said, machines are programmed, the mind isn't.

I doubt Visa and Verison used an valuator to help come up with their names..

•••
10% of top-twenty richest companies in the world use the letter V as their first character on their name.. if that counts for anything.

And for both companies, the letter V covers both a brandable solution and generic term.

As for investing, these valuators use broader spectrum of historical factors (patterns, usage etc) rather than just a couple big shot names that stand out. But as Samer said, machines are programmed, the mind isn't.

I doubt Visa and Verison used an valuator to help come up with their names..

10% i found a shock.

•••
Is there any value in a one word dot com domain if it begins with v (where v could stand for virtual)?

If you mean one-word domains beginning with "v", I don't see how "v" can stand for "virtual" (virgin? vermin? viper?).
If you mean domains comprising one word prepended with "v", I don't see how they can be classified as one-word domains (vreality? vgames? vtours?).

•••
We know "Voice" start with V , and voice. com sold for millions dollars. Chinnese avoid V, cause v = tiny or small, but chinnese users understand why voice is really valuable.

Video , start with V, its also valuable

Vape, start with V , some of name "vape " sold for thousand dollars

Velocity,

Etc....

•••
Sorry I should be clearer. I mean a single word prepended with v.

•••
Is this something to invest in for the future?

Hi

if...
you are asking such questions, based on where you found the result, to question...
then

at this point, you should not be investing dollars, but more time learning.

such paths to a conclusion, only add more confusion
as "the calculation of value is greater, than two tool sites can configure".

imo....

•••
Hi

if...
you are asking such questions, based on where you found the result, to question...
then

at this point, you should not be investing dollars, but more time learning.

such paths to a conclusion, only add more confusion
as "the calculation of value is greater, than two tool sites can configure".

imo....
A quote that perfectly summarises a domain parker :xf.wink:

•••
A quote that perfectly summarizes a domain parker :xf.wink:

Hi

just saying

some just use what they heard about,
and in their 'de-fence', such results/questions are a product of that.

where i try to direct, even in the vaguest way
is to seek justification/qualification of hearsay, first.

then add pieces of the truth together, to paint a clearer picture.

;)

imo....

•••
Hi

just saying

some just use what they heard about,
and in their 'de-fence', such results/questions are a product of that.

where i try to direct, even in the vaguest way
is to seek justification/qualification of hearsay, first.

then add pieces of the truth together, to paint a clearer picture.

;)

imo....
Soooo...

Never take anything at face value
&
Think before you act
=
You might be getting somewhere......

•••
I have a few VR prepending like VR/Grocer, VR/Shed, VR/Presentation, VR/PPV .. (all in com)

But the only V without the R is V/MeetUp

But yeah .. if it's a good relevant keyword then I like the future prospects. :)

•••
I have Vajeen.com.

That aside, if the letter satisfies your objective, then premium or no premium, you've already established value through personal satisfaction. Be satisfied, then satisfy others.

•••
It will just depend on keyword

Only best ones will have value

Vr not v is standard for virtualreality names.... so for sure dont go regging v keywords of lesser quality that may still sell with vr... i sold round 30k plus of vr keyword names so far.. in last 5 years.. maybe 40 or so names and they were of avg quality... meaning those would have not sold as v plus that keyword ..instead of vr..hope this helps

Last edited:
•••
It will just depend on keyword

Only best ones will have value

Vr not v is standard for virtualreality names.... so for sure dont go regging v keywords of lesser quality that may still sell with vr... i sold 20k plus of vr keyword names so far.. in last 5 years.. maybe 40 to 60 names and they were of avg quality... meaning those would have not sold as v plus that keyword ..instead of vr..hope this helps

Only letter i hate more is “X”

Yet same logic applies; XR.

Well said

Last edited:
•••
Use VR, not V for that purpose... And may also think about AR and XR

•••
Only letter i hate more is “X”

Yet same logic applies; XR.

Well said

X is different its not even close to v

Virtual and v were around way b4 xr.... so x and v there is not even comparaison.. ;)

•••
It's hard to say,
Look at the overall domain name

•••
Here is link to NameBio sales with v as prefix and length 3 or more. While some of them are something other than v+word to my way of thinking, there are more significant sales with that structure than I expected. Clearly worth depends on a valuable word that makes sense with virtual. I had never thought that vroom could also be v+room!
Bob

•••
I think he is talking about v+keyword not keywords starting with V

V+keyword have alot of sales

V + powerful keyword works

v wallet
v coin
v work
V project

Alot of examples available check in name bio and use v as prefix 😊

•••
I think he is talking about v+keyword not keywords starting with V
Yes I understand. That is why my search was for v as a prefix. NameBio does with that include results which are words if they also are v+word. Vroom is a word, but v+room has v as prefix; vape is a word but also v+ape:xf.grin:, etc. but most of list is indeed only v as prefix. And yes, many good sales.
Bob

•••
Back