Domain Empire

"DOMAINS ARE PROPERTY" Winning Poll HANDILY

NameSilo
Watch

member-55834

Account Suspended
Impact
Guys - its at 62% on our home page poll. I'm not sure if that's good or bad news to you.
-Jude @ the ICA

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EVERYTHING. Either you guys are in - or out. Let your mettle hereby be recorded as diplomatic or otherwise.

•••
jberryhill said:
I believe I've disagreed with Labrocca on more than one occasion, but I've never doubted that he is a bright guy. Actually, I seem to recall Labrocca calling for me to be banned when I first came to NamePros trying to track down a rumor I'd heard on another forum.

Micro-Manage, may we have a link to your UDRP decision, so that we might benefit from it?

JBH you must have me confused with someone else. I am one of your biggest fans sir. You have nothing but my respect and adulation. I have corresponded with you via PM on a couple occassions. You haven't been around too much lately though. Hope things are well with you.

Now back to our show.

Jude it just came to my mind that you want to represent domainers with your organization but I wonder. How many domains do you own? Can you give us a personally history of you in the domain industry? What credentials do you have that would lend credibility to your ICA.

Last edited:
•••
Guys - all done here. On other duties and posts.
Thanks for the participation. For those I'm speaking with - thank you.

•••
•••
verbster said:
Guess that says it all.
On the contrary, don't you know that kind of leadership skill is how many "GREAT" organizations started? ;)

•••
Jude_ICA said:
For those I'm speaking with - thank you.

I guess it's those you either agree with or believe you can sway. You certainly know how to speak...but do you know how to listen? That's a true leadership quality. You sir have not listened.

•••
Pretty cute trick how ol' Jude Law gets his thread locked down, so he just opens up the exact same topic on another thread. What a genius! The powers that be here REALLY like that kind of willingness to follow the rules.

Meanwhile, earlier Peter had a good question for you, Jude:

"Jude_ICA you and Micro-Manage (in other words YOU) are skirting around the issue, user Micro-Manage comes here claiming to not know you and to be backing you up yet he is most likely using the same computer as you. Are you going to explain why?????"

Yes, please explain WHY, already! Otherwise, nothing you say will ever be taken to be true.

•••
Ica

On behalf of the entire board of directors of the ICA, I would like to apologize for the tone and substance of this thread. The ICA was established to represent the broad spectrum of interests of all involved in the domain industry, an industry we strongly believe in. Based on this thread, it is obvious we can do a better job. In that spirit, we have decided to make a change in the leadership of our organization. A new executive director will be appointed shortly and we will improve our communications to address the other shortcomings noted in this thread.

We hope that no one will harbor long lasting ill-will towards the ICA based on this thread or any other conversations with our former executive director. We value your feedback and encourage you to participate in the ICA.

I am not a regular poster on this board. If anyone wants to discuss this further (or any other matter related to the ICA), you can contact me at ica[at]oversee.net.

Josh Armstrong
Oversee.Net

•••
JArmstrong said:
On behalf of the entire board of directors of the ICA, I would like to apologize for the tone and substance of this thread. The ICA was established to represent the broad spectrum of interests of all involved in the domain industry, an industry we strongly believe in. Based on this thread, it is obvious we can do a better job. In that spirit, we have decided to make a change in the leadership of our organization. A new executive director will be appointed shortly and we will improve our communications to address the other shortcomings noted in this thread.

We hope that no one will harbor long lasting ill-will towards the ICA based on this thread or any other conversations with our former executive director. We value your feedback and encourage you to participate in the ICA.

I am not a regular poster on this board. If anyone wants to discuss this further (or any other matter related to the ICA), you can contact me at ica[at]oversee.net.

Josh Armstrong
Oversee.Net

Smartest post by ICA to date. I wish Jude luck in whatever he pursues it was just obvious he wasn't ready to be a spokesman for domainers. We are a savvy crowd and he has much to learn imho.

Welcome Josh to Namepros even if you don't plan to participate I hope you read this site often enough to get a feel for the views here overall. While no one person can represent domainers I do feel that a concensus could be reached on certain matters. I wish the ICA luck in finding that concensus and taking it to the powers that be.

•••
This is a sad thread. You guys crucified Jude. Reading this thread was like watching a group of cats playing with a mouse until the mouse stopped moving. Something did seem amiss with Jude. There could be an explanation for his behavior.

•••
Gregr said:
This is a sad thread. You guys crucified Jude. Reading this thread was like watching a group of cats playing with a mouse until the mouse stopped moving. Something did seem amiss with Jude. There could be an explanation for his behavior.

I agree. I exchanged a couple of PMs with him and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. He came off kind of wishy-washy (changing positions, then saying there was no position), but I think he has good intentions. He should have been clearer from the beginning that ICA doesn't have any position yet on domains being property, that's really what caused the whole problem.

•••
•••
Gregr said:
I do not agree.
It was Jude who sparked the whole thing and cast suspicion on ICA as a whole with the multiple signup (still unanswered but lack of response is a response in itself).
But it was obvious Jude was not fit for the job (communication) and we can only wish him well for his next endeavours.

•••
deu12000 said:
I agree. I exchanged a couple of PMs with him and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. He came off kind of wishy-washy (changing positions, then saying there was no position), but I think he has good intentions. He should have been clearer from the beginning that ICA doesn't have any position yet on domains being property, that's really what caused the whole problem.

The problem is he says the ICA had no opinions, but go to their site, and there as clear as day was their stance. I had pasted it to this thread. I did say Jude did have good intentions, but his path and follow through was not good to say the least, and his intentions were misguided. But the bottom line is he did not listen, then he lied and them he set up a second username and then proceeded to say how Jude is good. That was the problem, he tried BS people here and we called him on it.

•••
•••
Gregr said:

Nah , The entire "Domains Are Property" arguement has always been a touchy subject and People should feel strongly one way or another about it IMO. As many Veterans have stated - Pushing a statement or cause in a open forum is not for everyone.

I don't think you'll find anyone actually Happy about the way this thread panned out , But it was handled in the "open" and I can't see it playing out any other way considering the actions taken by others. I was in the middle of endorsing the ICA somewhat when this all happened and still feel the idea(s) behind this organization are worth listening to.

Hopefully something Positive will come from it all :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back